TSN: Sharks and Oilers have re-engaged on Erik Karlsson

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
This would be both terrifying and exciting.

On one hand, you pretty much give up on defence entirely. On the other, Karlsson on the ice with the Oilers offence would be fun hockey to watch.

I love Karlsson but with the contract, I’d much rather avoid this and still pursue Chychrun.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The only way I can even potentially fathom a deal like this working from a cap perspective is if it’s based around Nurse for Karlsson. But Nurse has a full NMC so he’s going nowhere.

The Sharks won’t retain more than like $2 million, so how could the Oilers make Karlsson at $9.5 million work? I just really can’t see it.

This is why I don't think he gets traded this season. Nobody has space for Karlsson, except for a couple of non playoff bound teams. Most teams would struggle to fit him in even if they retained 50%.

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
Definitely see Barrie going the other way if so. Two of Pulju, Yama and Foegele going the other way plus a little retain. Can see the cap challenge be worked out.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Tyson Barrie
Jesse Puljujarvi
Evan Bouchard/Philip Broberg
2023 first round pick
2024 conditional first round pick

Would have to start there.

Barrie gives them a RHD. He and Poolparty total $7.5 million.
Their pick of Bouchard or Broberg.
Conditions on the first in 2024 could be anything; playoff success, or games played for Karlsson next year. If not met, it drops to 2nd, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad