Rumor: Sharks and Couture working towards extension

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
pfft. whatever. You're not even a mod anymore. What does your opinion matter? :P

My dad has a cautionary saying about leaving your future in the hands of people who are not smart enough to figure out how to get out of jury duty....

I jest, I jest.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My dad has a cautionary saying about leaving your future in the hands of people who are not smart enough to figure out how to get out of jury duty....

I jest, I jest.

Being a mod isn't really the same thing as jury duty. It's more like all those sitcom plots where you go to a restaurant and because you can't pay the bill they put you to work in the kitchen. Except here there was no bill to pay. And you don't get let go once you've paid the debt. Because there really isn't a debt. But you just keep on working. And instead of just cleaning dishes your job is basically to get yelled at by customers who don't know what they want. And the restaurant is kind of like one of those Chuck E Cheese type kids places where they just let customers chuck peanut shells on the floor and not clean up after themselves and behave like feral little 12-year-olds even if the staff have meltdowns and there's constantly jumpers on the roof.

You know what? when I put it like that, it sounds really, really bad. And maybe makes me sound a little crazy. :sarcasm::laugh:

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Being a mod isn't really the same thing as jury duty. It's more like all those sitcom plots where you go to a restaurant and because you can't pay the bill they put you to work in the kitchen. Except here there was no bill to pay. And you don't get let go once you've paid the debt. Because there really isn't a debt. But you just keep on working. And instead of just cleaning dishes your job is basically to get yelled at by customers who don't know what they want. And the restaurant is kind of like one of those Chuck E Cheese type kids places where they just let customers chuck peanut shells on the floor and not clean up after themselves and behave like feral little 12-year-olds even if the staff have meltdowns and there's constantly jumpers on the roof.

You know what? when I put it like that, it sounds really, really bad. And maybe makes me sound a little crazy. :sarcasm::laugh:
You need a raise.......a cup raise:naughty:

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I'd be happy with 8x8M

He ain't gonna be our next Captain though. If Pavelski gets traded or walks in Free Agency next offseason, out next captian will be Tavares :)

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Even Jumbo didn't get it right away. I could see Couture or Vlasic.
Vlasic is probably too much of an asshole to be captain based on his interviews. While they're both straight to the point with the way they talk, Vlasic seems way more aggro.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Even Jumbo didn't get it right away. I could see Couture or Vlasic.

Who knows if it even matters to Tavares but if it does I would absolutely promise him the captaincy in order to entice him to sign. IIRC one of the reasons we lost out on Chara back in 2006 was that Boston promised him the C while Wilson refused to.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Who knows if it even matters to Tavares but if it does I would absolutely promise him the captaincy in order to entice him to sign. IIRC one of the reasons we lost out on Chara back in 2006 was that Boston promised him the C while Wilson refused to.

I've seen this before on here, but I don't remember it when it happened (since that's more than a decade ago).

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

They have Chuck E Cheeses in Canada?! Thought it was a San Jose-thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad