Rumor: Sharks and Couture working towards extension

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Quote from Lebrun's Athletic article.

–A year ago, the Sharks had Marc-Édouard Vlasic and Martin Jones long-term extensions ready to unveil on July 1, both players signing one year before their deals expired, GM Doug Wilson not messing around with either core player. The expectation is that he’ll have a similar announcement if all goes well over the coming three weeks with centre Logan Couture, who is one year away from UFA status. A source suggested talks are progressing on a long-term extension for the 29-year-old, stud two-way centre. He’s earning $6 million next season in the final year of his current deal. There’s still lots of work to be done but perhaps Wilson can pull it off again this year with one of his core guys.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm willing to bet that term and $ get people here all riled up.

Term won't matter that much there. Even if it's 7 years...he'll likely still be a great player with 36. Kane was a different story. Though after signing Kane for 7 per year I'm expecting Couture to get overpaid as well.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If he's willing to do 8 years to Burns and take him to 40, I have no reason to suspect he wouldn't do the same for Couture in terms of giving him max term. I'm expecting 8 years, 60 million with a three team trade list.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
DW likes to match contracts between top players. Marleau and Thornton got matching deals, Couture and Pavelski got matching deals, Burns and Vlasic were almost matching deals. I say Kane and Couture get matching deals.

Reactions: Phu

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Anyone here thinking he get's anything less than Kane needs to share the good good they are smoking. My guess is 8x8 minimum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad