Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Andrej Sustr for Andre Agozzino

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
meh, Agozzino has some upside but gets injured alot. Plus he's now 32 & on his 6th NHL franchise. Pretty much an NHL longshot at this point.

Sustr is also 32 and has been washed up for some time now. He isn't under contract so this is just opening up a contract slot.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So basically Grier made two trades today for guys he could have had for free next week. It’s not like he paid really anything but still like why

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
IMG_9299.gif

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Really not a fan of this one unless we're planning on signing someone to replace Agozzino on the Cuda. Move doesn't make any sense to me.

Now Agozzino's going to be killing us while on the Gulls again, too.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
So basically Grier made two trades today for guys he could have had for free next week. It’s not like he paid really anything but still like why
Because when you let them hit UFA, you allow everyone in the league to get a crack at it instead of controlling the process more. They're minor deals, but that's the philosophy. Same reason CBJ gave up a 3rd for the rights to Severson and teams do those sorts of deals.

Really not a fan of this one unless we're planning on signing someone to replace Agozzino on the Cuda. Move doesn't make any sense to me.

Now Agozzino's going to be killing us while on the Gulls again, too.
Clears a spot for Bystedt on the Cuda in the Top 6 along with Bordeleau. If we get lucky and Carlsson falls, he could theoretically be on the Cuda as well rather than back in Sweden.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Because when you let them hit UFA, you allow everyone in the league to get a crack at it instead of controlling the process more. They're minor deals, but that's the philosophy. Same reason CBJ gave up a 3rd for the rights to Severson and teams do those sorts of deals.

Clears a spot for Bystedt on the Cuda in the Top 6 along with Bordeleau. If we get lucky and Carlsson falls, he could theoretically be on the Cuda as well rather than back in Sweden.
Severson there will actually be teams bidding for. I HIGHLY doubt teams will be bidding on Blackwood or Sustr.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Possibly, but the European clause on Bystedt's contract makes me think he's going to head back to Sweden rather than the AHL if he doesn't make it out of camp. Not real sure Carlsson wouldn't follow the same path as Bystedt if we lucked into him.

I mean, we could easily sign a new 1C for the Cuda during free agency, but I just don't particularly care for shipping out our captain and top scorer for Sustr's UFA rights.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Possibly, but the European clause on Bystedt's contract makes me think he's going to head back to Sweden rather than the AHL if he doesn't make it out of camp. Not real sure Carlsson wouldn't follow the same path as Bystedt if we lucked into him.

I mean, we could easily sign a new 1C for the Cuda during free agency, but I just don't particularly care for shipping out our captain and top scorer for Sustr's UFA rights.
I'd say that is more likely, but on the other end you can at least have the conversation with them now and see what they choose to do.

I am not sure what Aggozino brought to the captaincy given how atrocious that team was. Can probably find other AAAA players in UFA like you said to play a similar role. That or turn over some leadership to the younger guys and let them start learning that skillset. Altogether means nothing and frees up a contract slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad