Speculation: Sharks 2015 Rumors/Trade Proposals/Lineup Talk Thread ‎Part V: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I think we also came to the conclusion that Couture's NTC is not active as you can't have an NTC unless you are UFA status and that doesn't happen for him until next year.

I believe Couture's NTC kicks in on July 1, 2016.
Braun did not show any clause in capgeek.
From memory, Burns, Pavelski and Vlasic all had some form of "Limited" NTC, details of the clauses unknown. Jumbo Patty have full NMC.

So, if DW won't approach players to waive, then our trade chips are Braun, Couture and maybe Wingels, and completely unknown as to out clauses for Burns, Pavs and Pickles.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Personally I have zero interest in seeing Nemo back in teal next year. Time for a change.

I agree, I have zero interest in seeing Niemi play another game as a Shark

My interest in replacing him with Ramo (or any goalie of similar stature) for more money and more years is less than zero

I believe we may see Niemi in teal next year for reasons mostly related to cost

He won't be the best option for the team, however the org may see him as the best/cheapest/safest option

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Niemi needs to stay if he is the best and cheapest available.

Niemi needs to go if there is any one available that is cheaper and or better.

What the sharks do not need to do is sign/trade for just any goalie. Either that goalie is better now or that goalie has the potential to be the next price.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I agree, I have zero interest in seeing Niemi play another game as a Shark

My interest in replacing him with Ramo (or any goalie of similar stature) for more money and more years is less than zero

I believe we may see Niemi in teal next year for reasons mostly related to cost

He won't be the best option for the team, however the org may see him as the best/cheapest/safest option

I have no interest in keeping Nemo, but I have no interest in Ramo either. Or Enroth for that matter. I would rather try for Talbot, see if Bernier is available, or even start the year out with just Stalock and Groesnick and see who might end up on waivers or who is made available for a cheap trade if a young goalie somewhere surprises.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I have no interest in keeping Nemo, but I have no interest in Ramo either. Or Enroth for that matter. I would rather try for Talbot, see if Bernier is available, or even start the year out with just Stalock and Groesnick and see who might end up on waivers or who is made available for a cheap trade if a young goalie somewhere surprises.

Agree with this. Dubnyk 2.0

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
My wishlist for the summer (in no particular order):

Trade for/ sign a young, potential goaltender - sounds like there should be "plenty of" available. Niemi... ehh, sign him to a year gig anyways, maybe.

During draft, acquire some top-90 picks, hell any picks. I'm really liking this draft. Even if that acquiring means...

...Trading some of our "good" roster players & vets - numbers 19, 12, 8, 88... love them but we need to think of the future. Not saying all of them need to be gone, nope, you need some vets. But 39, 44 etc. need to grow into those veteran roles too. Get picks, young players, prospects in exchange. Even take cap dumps if it requires that.

A new coaching staff obviously. I don't know what or whom - just get a coaching staff, but not just some bums off the street. Thanks.

Name a CAPTAIN. A team needs that captain. If Pavs stays, it should be him. Just my opinion. If not, then... I don't know. But we need that player who carries the C.

Quite obvious but hey that's what I want. Possibly missed something but feel free to comment and add.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I can't defend Wilson if that's true.
EPCvBxB.gif

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Sure, why not. Scott brings a strange amount of entertainment and joy to the team.

I don't really have an issue with bringing Scott back. People need to stop freaking out about these things. He'll play 20-25 games, and provide a great locker room personality while taking very little in the form of $$. GET OVER THE MINOR DEALS!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't really have an issue with bringing Scott back. People need to stop freaking out about these things. He'll play 20-25 games, and provide a great locker room personality while taking very little in the form of $$. GET OVER THE MINOR DEALS!

I have an issue with the minor deals when they're a cap team going for it like they had done in the past. Now that they're not a cap team tentatively, these deals don't matter much.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
John Scott 4 Lyf

Scott for captain

Scott for HC

Scott for GM

Replace SJ Sharke as mascot with John Scott

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Honestly, Scott was fine in his VERY limited roll. I thought he was better on the ice than Brown, which is sad. Scott isn't slow, throws hits, and who expected him to get a goal, let alone 3.

As much as I bagged on the guy, he probably deserves to be re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad