Speculation: Sharks 2015-2016 Roster Talk: Rumors, Roster, Proposals. Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Gormley isn't NHL caliber. Or I guess what I should say is he isn't any better than what we have. Also another question is Mirco Mueller the worst pick in the past 5 years?

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Gormley isn't NHL caliber. Or I guess what I should say is he isn't any better than what we have. Also another question is Mirco Mueller the worst pick in the past 5 years?

I'd venture to say he's the worst in the last 10 years...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Probably. I watched the Cuda game last night and it was depressing as hell to see a 20 year old Mueller be so much worse than an 18 year old late 2nd round pick in Oliver Kylington. And then go down the road and see Shea Theodore in Anaheim.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Probably been said earlier but I really hope DW is in on drouin. No one on our team who plays like him and I think this could end up similar to the seguin trade to Dallas. Id easily give up hertl/Tierney + since we have so much center depth

Levie

Mar 15, 2011

He's one of our worst when you consider who was still on the board and what we gave up (WHAT?!) to get him. I was hoping that since his face he resembled Vlasic he would pan out. I'm sure that's what the Sharks were thinking as well.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
He's one of our worst when you consider who was still on the board and what we gave up (WHAT?!) to get him. I was hoping that since his face he resembled Vlasic he would pan out. I'm sure that's what the Sharks were thinking as well.

That 2013 draft was horrible. I try to give the sharks scouting department some slack until all the prospects have planned out but jeez its miserable to look at 2013. I think it's becoming apparent that we need either new scouts or different drafting strategies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If Anaheim blows it up I would like the Sharks to get in contact with some of their scouts. They seem pretty good at picking offensive dmen.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Players tend to show at least some flashes of skill by his age. Mueller has shown none and is being outperformed in the AHL by 18 year olds (I'm basing this off what Jux said, I havent watched the Barracuda), it's fair to write him off. Coulda had Rychel, Mantha, Burakovsky, HunShin, Theodore...:(

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Probably been said earlier but I really hope DW is in on drouin. No one on our team who plays like him and I think this could end up similar to the seguin trade to Dallas. Id easily give up hertl/Tierney + since we have so much center depth

We have depth if bodies are counted, not so if skill is counted. So far, I only see two top 6 centers outside of Thornton. Those are Couture, and Hertl which I feel is the better of the two for center duties.

Even Zubrus is listed as a center in today's projected lineup. Things are not good as that's reaching the bottom of the barrel.

Right now, DW's off-season acquisitions are slumping.... Martin Jones, Paul Martin, and Joel Ward. When that happens, we see the same suckage of a Sharks team we saw last year. Depth is an issue right now.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Players tend to show at least some flashes of skill by his age. Mueller has shown none and is being outperformed in the AHL by 18 year olds (I'm basing this off what Jux said, I havent watched the Barracuda), it's fair to write him off. Coulda had Rychel, Mantha, Burakovsky, HunShin, Theodore...:(

The saddest part is those picks you listed weren't even "hindsight is 20/20" picks. For the most part they were all projected higher than Mueller. At least Kopi vs Seto was more of a hindsight pick where Seto just didn't put it together and was much safer.

Mueller wasn't safe, had players who were projected higher than him that are looking to pan out, and we gave up a draft pick to get him. I would not have faulted DW for picking up Mueller if he really liked what he saw and moved down because he knew Mueller could be got later, but he's a bad pick for where the sharks originally were and where they moved up to get him.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
To be honest this season feels comparably awful to the LA comeback. The future seems awfully dim and there is no excitement for this season since we are a below average team. Please just sell at the deadline it doesn't matter if we have our first or not, it is already gone. I'm just scared DW will try to go all in to save his skin and we just end up destroying our future even more.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
To be honest this season feels comparably awful to the LA comeback. The future seems awfully dim and there is no excitement for this season since we are a below average team. Please just sell at the deadline it doesn't matter if we have our first or not, it is already gone. I'm just scared DW will try to go all in to save his skin and we just end up destroying our future even more.

This is exactly how I feel. It also feels a lot worse because last season I at least had some hope the org had seen the light of day and would do the right thing (rebuild, properly), now it's clear they don't get it and I'm just hoping to get rid of the current establishment before they can continue to do lasting damage.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

Remember when we were getting ripped for saying Bergman looked better than him at the prospects game? Not so farfetched now...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't want to write Mueller off either, but the situation smells of Wishart and Petrecki. I was at a Barracuda game recently, and Mueller was quite bad. His first period was decent, after that he nosedived.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

The night is always darkest before the dawn! :sarcasm:

I try to remind myself of all the prospects possibly joining the Barracuda next season. Rod, Chartier, O'Regan, Sadowy, Labanc etc. Maybe one of them will be a savior.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If Mueller had shown any flashes of skill, anything that would show he had NHL-talent beyond his size and skating, I'd say it's too early to write him off. But since he hasn't, I feel comfortable proclaiming him a bust. I hope DW trades him for something semi-valuable before the rest of the league figures out.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
If Mueller had shown any flashes of skill, anything that would show he had NHL-talent beyond his size and skating, I'd say it's too early to write him off. But since he hasn't, I feel comfortable proclaiming him a bust. I hope DW trades him for something semi-valuable before the rest of the league figures out.

Too bad we missed out on Zadorov by two picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad