Cut/Released: Shaq Leonard (signs with the Eagles)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not a chance

No guaranteed money in future years. A$6.5 mill of his 2024 base is guaranteed for injury. But if you claim him you can still cut him at no penalty in the off season. Just have to fit the $6 mill cap for the rest of the season.
Yates should be mentioning whether that future obligation is guaranteed or not.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
No guaranteed money in future years. A$6.5 mill of his 2024 base is guaranteed for injury. But if you claim him you can still cut him at no penalty in the off season. Just have to fit the $6 mill cap for the rest of the season.
Yates should be mentioning whether that future obligation is guaranteed or not.
Still too high of a figure for this year based on his performance so far, and the fact that I don’t really see how you can expect someone to rebound for a debilitating back injury. But I suppose it’s possible someone believes in him enough to pick him up

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Still too high of a figure for this year based on his performance so far, and the fact that I don’t really see how you can expect someone to rebound for a debilitating back injury. But I suppose it’s possible someone believes in him enough to pick him up
Obviously there is a reason for Indy to cut him. They are on the hook for his salary if he goes unclaimed, but I guess at this point they want to give someone else a look at LB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles cut Derek Barnett, so I wonder if that’s related here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After yesterday they have no choice but to see if he’s truly cooked or not. They better get Zach Ertz back too.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
After yesterday they have no choice but to see if he’s truly cooked or not. They better get Zach Ertz back too.
Not much production after Brown, Smith, Goedart. So, need someone reliable. Think if they sign Ertz and run double TE sets, that works better for Philly with their OL. Let them tee off on the DL and allows Hurts to use his legs too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not much production after Brown, Smith, Goedart. So, need someone reliable. Think if they sign Ertz and run double TE sets, that works better for Philly with their OL. Let them tee off on the DL and allows Hurts to use his legs too.
They’ve gotten little from Goedert. I know because he’s on my fantasy team. He’s had really two games worth a shit. Good thing I drafted Andrews and claimed Jake Ferguson in that league. You are not a good enough offense if tight ends are not involved.

But the defense has been worrisome, and Howie knows it. Every linebacker on the roster besides Nakobe Dean went through the practice squad. Added Byard and Roby midseason and now Leonard.

A lot of people talking about how too many people have been giving the Eagles their flowers and have been naive compared to their record, but that’s not how Howie has been operating. He’s been hustling all season, and always has really.

Reactions: LT

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They’ve gotten little from Goedert. I know because he’s on my fantasy team. Good thing I drafted Andrews and claimed Jake Ferguson in that league.

But the defense has been worrisome, and Howie knows it. Every linebacker on the roster besides Nakobe Dean went through the practice squad. Added Byard and Roby midseason and now Leonard.

A lot of people talking about how too many people have been giving the Eagles their flowers and have been naive compared to their record, but that’s not how Howie has been operating. He’s been hustling all season, and always has really.
Eagles don't pay $ for LBs and RBs, which in the cap world and impact on the game today, makes sense, unless they are elite like CMC and Warner are for SF.

Philly, doesn't seem to commit to the run like they should. But, yes the D, after the front 4 is average. LBs inexperienced after their starters. Lack depth in the secondary.
Howie is working the phones. Not sure what other LB/DBs he can pull off the street to play for them.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Should be a good depth piece for the Eagles, at the very least. They need some LB help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad