Player Discussion Shane Wright next season: NHL or Juniors?

Wright in 22-23

• Habs roster

• OHL Kingston

• decide after 9 NHL games

• other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Where do you think he should play next season? obviously training camp + 9 games may make all the difference, but I think fans are fairly divided on this.

(and yes theyre taking Wright)

I think a third year in junior is safer for his development (unfortunately not eligible to play in AHL).

Habs will surely be bad again, which also doesnt help. Mind you, could be a blessing in disguise if they land a top 3 pick in 2023 by leaving him in junior.

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
How would you know this early? You must be just making threads

Everyone except Shane Wright. At draft day:

The Montreal Canadiens are really proud to select from Winnipeg Ice... the big C... Conor Geekie!!

That would be disgusting though, but isn't confirmed at 100% that Wright is a Habs player... can't wait to see when it's going happen.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
2 months is forever from now.... The guy could break his hips or get cancer like Miroschnichenko so we should tone it down a little bit 24h after winning the lottery.......

But for the sake of arguments while I'm procrastinating... and keep in mind I will willingly admit I'm a scrub and have based my opinions on these rookies based on what I read in this forums and some highlight reels.

It would seem as though Kingston is devoid of talent all the while being coached by an uninspired fraud.......

Considering Suzuki Caufield and Romanov all played nearly 20 mins a night under MSL.......make him play NHL, and loan him to team Canada halfway through, he won't singlehandedly be enough for us to make the playoffs in the Atlantic Division.....

Reactions: Guillermo

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Watch the guy play and then decide. He is in a class of his own.
then he stays.....but I'm hoping for the 9 game stint then back to Kingston....guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

It's difficult to not want to see him succeed and pot goal after goal and create exciting hockey under St-Louis's watch

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He’s gonna play the whole season with us. His athleticism is fine, he is skilled, and he reads the game well. If one of these areas was a glaring weakness then he should be sent down to junior (although not Kingston, their coach is the Ducharme of the OHL).

I expect him to get 20 goals and 15 assists at least with us.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
He’a going to be part of the team all year. If they follow the same model to develop they might have him sit some games but no way you send a 1st overall down unless be asks for it.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Depending on who drafts him? Some might keep him whilesome might give him 9 games

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
I think he will show enough to stay after 9 games.

The KK experiment can't be used as a precedent in the making of the decision. Everything was new and unexpected for KK while Wright should be prepared mentally for this moment by now. The team environment is also totally different because our current centers are well established, among other things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad