Confirmed with Link: Shane Pinto, 32nd Overall, C, 3 year ELC signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
there’s a glaring hole on our Defence? And there’s too many forwards on our roster? Pretty obvious man

There’s one spot for RD available next year. Not a guarantee JBD makes it. Pinto would be the #1C in Belleville. Their opportunities aren’t that different

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Please. If it was an issue then why did JBD just sign. Bunch of batherseasons in this thread right now
I think what JBD just did will probably be exactly what we get out of the others. JBD goes back, signs after the UND season, burns a year of ELC and plays his rookie season next year. Same result for him whether he signed last year or this. Closer to making big money.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think what JBD just did will probably be exactly what we get out of the others. JBD goes back, signs after the UND season, burns a year of ELC and plays his rookie season next year. Same result for him whether he signed last year or this. Closer to making big money.
I agree, although I think Pinto will still sign because he can burn a year right now.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I agree, although I think Pinto will still sign because he can burn a year right now.
I think this is probably a point of contention now though. That's probably the condition he signs and the Sens might not be willing to give up that burned year. Might rather have 2 ELC years of Pinto at 22-23 than 21-22.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Nhl teams change constantly. No prospect chooses to sign or not because of the current roster.

Logan Brown, if afforded that opportunity, would probably want a do-over. Pierre McGuire isn’t talking out of his butt when he says playing immediately matters to college kids.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I think this is probably a point of contention now though. That's probably the condition he signs and the Sens might not be willing to give up that burned year. Might rather have 2 ELC years of Pinto at 22-23 than 21-22.

As others pointed out in this thread, that can easily backfire when it comes to his next contract.

His age 22 season is likely to be less productive than his age 23 season, so you'd prefer his contract to be up after the less productive season.

Reactions: HzH

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Logan Brown, if afforded that opportunity, would probably want a do-over. Pierre McGuire isn’t talking out of his butt when he says playing immediately matters to college kids.
Logan brown? He went through junior. And he certainly isn’t playing because we are stacked at center.

When he signed we hadn’t even acquired tierney OR norris yet lol. And Clarke bishop.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
You'd think people would have learned from yesterday's panic with JBD....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad