| Mikael Sjöqvist
wru.gif
| Stanislav Raming
wsk.gif
| Peter Stano

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I will predict 4-2 for Canada. USA takes the lead, maybe by two, but Canada puts on pressure and they crack. Huberdeau finally has an exceptional game. USA forwards skate fast and shoot hard, but it amounts to mainly just a whole lot of noise.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
3-2 Canada. Gibson continues to be the most skilled goalie in the competition, but the US can't capitalize on offensive chances.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I will predict 4-2 for Canada. USA takes the lead, maybe by two, but Canada puts on pressure and they crack. Huberdeau finally has an exceptional game. USA forwards skate fast and shoot hard, but it amounts to mainly just a whole lot of noise.

If 26 goals in 5 games is "noise" then yes I'd say we're making a whole lot of noise.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I believe it will be a great matchup, and I say, GO CANADA GO !! This is a great team.

After the 4-1 win over Russia, there is no reason doubting the gold-medal chances of team Canada.

I know, everybody nows, it's gonna be hard, it's not gonna be easy, but I believe we'll win both following games ! :nod:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So far you have 2 goals against teams of real quality.

That being said, I think the US could win this game.

Slovakia and the Czech Republic are teams of real quality. Seems like the only time they're not is when we beat them. Then they suck. If Canada were to beat them by a combined score of 16-3 I'm sure that would be considered impressive.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
This will be a great game, both teams are playing very well and feeling confident. The edge has to go to Canada at this point, but it's not a big one.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
Slovakia and the Czech Republic are teams of real quality. Seems like the only time they're not is when we beat them. Then they suck. If Canada were to beat them by a combined score of 16-3 I'm sure that would be considered impressive.

Not by me it certainly wouldn't. Some people only see things through their teams eyes, and you're right, some would make it a big deal.

I really don't think they're teams of real quality. Guess agree to disagree.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not by me it certainly wouldn't. Some people only see things through their teams eyes, and you're right, some would make it a big deal.

I really don't think they're teams of real quality. Guess agree to disagree.

I don't know how you can argue that they're not unless you live in a bubble where Canada is the only good team.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't know how you can argue that they're not unless you live in a bubble where Canada is the only good team.

I'm pretty sure that by saying they aren't teams of real quality, he means that they aren't in the top tier with Canada, Russia and Sweden. So while those are fine hockey teams, scoring against them is not very impressive considering the competition you will now face is on another tier.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia

Because Slovakia got beat by 3 against Canada, and 2 of their 3 goals were on 5 minute PP (one of which shouldn't have been a penalty). Canada outscored them 5-0 in the last half of the game, after the penalties settled down. They held a Russian team that has played down to opposition so far (Swiss, Slovakia, even Germany for parts of that game), and then barely beat an awful German team in OT. They then proceeded to get blown out in a winner take all game.

The Czechs got beat 4-1 (with their only goal coming down 4-0 with 6 secs left) against the only truly top-level team in their pool. They beat a Finnish team playing their first game without their best F 3-1, and then pummeled the elite level Latvians 4-2, before blowing a 2-goal lead late and beating Switz. in OT.

Those do not seem like quality teams to me.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
To be fair, no other team has played both of them.

Also, the team you're playing has beaten USA and Russia. Nobody else has done that to both of them.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
To be fair, no other team has played both of them.

Also, the team you're playing has beaten USA and Russia. Nobody else has done that to both of them.

Yeah what Canada has done is impressive but I'm not the one calling them a whole lot of noise am I?

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
No, and if you look back, neither was I about the US. In fact, my first post said that they could very well win the game.

I just wasn't super impressed about blowouts over the two teams. I've made my point, apparently you don't agree. But you certainly can't say that no argument can be made that they're not quality, cuz I just made one.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

Now that neither have medaled this year, in the past 12 tournaments, one medal (a bronze back in 2005 for the Czechs) between the two. Even Switzerland has looked much more dangerous in recent years than those two. So I guess it's how you define "real quality". Good on the US for finding their offense but now they play a complete, rested Canadian squad coming off their own best performance of the tournament. Should be a good one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Now that neither have medaled this year, in the past 12 tournaments, one medal (a bronze back in 2005 for the Czechs) between the two. Even Switzerland has looked much more dangerous in recent years than those two. So I guess it's how you define "real quality". Good on the US for finding their offense but now they play a complete, rested Canadian squad coming off their own best performance of the tournament. Should be a good one.

Canada is certainly head and shoulders above Czech and Slovakia, but my point is I'm just a little sick of hearing about our offensive struggles after scoring 16 goals in 48 hours. I don't care who it's against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad