Speculation: several scouts attending bos/col game tonite

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
as a detroit fan i could fathom , though i dont know what bos or col need , a contender wanting from detroit depth guys such as maata and sprong whom are both playing solid hockey . and detroit could replace them with call ups of edvinsson and berggren . who detroit would want back ive no guess

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
We often see these reports, but I honestly think it could be as simple as some were in the Boston area to scout college hockey for potential free agents, and some were actually on assignment to the game.

Would not surprise me if one or two were on their way on a Europe trip after the holidays and just had a stop in Boston.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Any trade with Boston or Colorado would have to be a hockey trade because neither should be moving roster pieces when they’re prime contenders. Interesting.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if this is because Boston could be shopping for center help and people want more looks at the roster guy(s) who may be involved?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
have to think the avs will keep malinski they way he's playing.
Maybe. They don't have much to horse trade with.

Ritchie and Gulyaev look awesome and untouchable to me.

Byram wasn't even playing and is our firmly established #3 plus the Manson-Girard pairing hasn't been remotely good enough to feel confident in as your middle pair. Their play is too bi-polar.

Manson needs Byram to babysit him and Josh's many glaring mistakes when Manson is having his somewhat frequent off-games. Girard doesn't cover for these Manson errors nearly as well as Bo.

And Girard has the AWOL event this year so his value is low.

Malinski does look promising. And he's RHD and a PP2 QB. Toews sucks at PP2 QB. So I'd like to keep Sam.

So that leaves the Avs with the 2024 1st and not much else to work with. Their farm sucks outside of their 2023 1st rounders... which both look like A prospects right now. Esp Gulyaev.. but Ritchie is really thriving too.

So I think they were there to watch DeBrusk and Malinski.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Maybe. They don't have much to horse trade with.

Ritchie and Gulyaev look awesome and untouchable to me.

Byram wasn't even playing and is our firmly established #3 plus the Manson-Girard pairing hasn't been remotely good enough to feel confident in as your middle pair. Their play is too bi-polar.

Manson needs Byram to babysit him and Josh's many glaring mistakes when Manson is having his somewhat frequent off-games. Girard doesn't cover for these Manson errors nearly as well as Bo.

And Girard has the AWOL event this year so his value is low.

Malinski does look promising. And he's RHD and a PP2 QB. Toews sucks at PP2 QB. So I'd like to keep Sam.

So that leaves the Avs with the 2024 1st and not much else to work with. Their farm sucks outside of their 2023 1st rounders... which both look like A prospects right now. Esp Gulyaev.. but Ritchie is really thriving too.

So I think they were there to watch DeBrusk and Malinski.
avs shouldnt trade him. the production they are getting from him for near league min would be difficult to replace.

Reactions: AslanRH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad