Setoguchi/Barnes/Rabbit Draft Position??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Where do all you think these 3 Blades will be drafted come draft day? Most are thinking that Setoguchi will be a late first rounder but I seriously see him going top 10 and really should. Barnes and Rabbit most have as 3rd rounders!

Setoguchi 10th
Barnes 48th
Rabbit 87th

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
saskhab said:
Don't forget Dalyn Flatt... He could go in the top 100.

Whoever takes Barnes will get a hell of a steal, IMO. Some have him pegged in the 4th round or later...

When Barnes was passed over last year I freaked out. Some of the crap that was taken in the last three rounds blew my mind.

My predictions:

Setoguchi: 14th

Flatt: 40th

Barnes: 85th

Rabbit: 130th

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
mazmin said:
When Barnes was passed over last year I freaked out. Some of the crap that was taken in the last three rounds blew my mind.

My predictions:

Setoguchi: 14th

Flatt: 40th

Barnes: 85th

Rabbit: 130th

He wasn't passed over. He didn't opt into the draft. Or opted out depending on semantics.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
Vinland said:
He wasn't passed over. He didn't opt into the draft. Or opted out depending on semantics.

Barnes wasn't fully recovered from his neck injury sustained at the U18 Tournament (I think?). Knowing he was capable of much more, he decided to wait til this year to enter the draft. He has the size and talent to become a force in the WHL, and I think he is on his way to doing that. Watch out for Saskatoon next year as its likely that Barnes, Setoguchi and Rabbit will all return to the WHL next season.

As for draft positions, I think Setoguchi will go in the 1st round, Barnes in the 2nd, Flatt in the 3rd and Rabbit in the 4th.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Barnes has a shot at being a late 1st rounder, I've been told a lot of teams have been interviewing/scouting him extensively lately. Sather and Renney of the Rangers spent a while with him. If not 1st round I think he'll go somewhere between 30-50 for sure.

He had no reason to opt in last year. He and his agent knew he was much better than a 4th or 5th round pick. He was still recovering from his neck injury (which Hockey Canada totally botched and screwed him over) and he played on one of the worst teams in CHL history.

Very wise decision and quite an easy one it was. I was told he was gonna opt out during Christmas time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad