Claimed off Waivers: Seth Griffith to Toronto

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- NHL level shot and offensive instincts.

- works hard

- Sub par skating.

- Gets out muscled for loose pucks a lot.

He lacks ideal size, poor speed, but has the talent to be in a top 6/9 role. Griffith is your classic AHL/NHL tweener. I wish him well, but I think at this point, he's destined to be an AHL all star ( nothing wrong with that ) but can't keep up with the pro game.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I remember him being good on the knights. Probably a Hunter decision to pick him up but I don't see a spot for him on the leafs and would probably be claimed if waived

remer

Oct 18, 2005
- NHL level shot and offensive instincts.

- works hard

- Sub par skating.

- Gets out muscled for loose pucks a lot.

He lacks ideal size, poor speed, but has the talent to be in a top 6/9 role. Griffith is your classic AHL/NHL tweener. I wish him well, but I think at this point, he's destined to be an AHL all star ( nothing wrong with that ) but can't keep up with the pro game.

Good kid but he is small, doesn't win enough puck battles, slow skater and had his chance in Boston and was beaten out by a number of rookies.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
The Hunter/Knight connection strikes again!

By signing a guy who's good top 6 guy in the AHL, but if he don't become a top 6 guy in the NHL will not be able to play bottom 6 in the NHL. Time will tell but many of you ate acting like he stole a solid top 6 NHL guy when as of now not near the case.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
By signing a guy who's good top 6 guy in the AHL, but if he don't become a top 6 guy in the NHL will not be able to play bottom 6 in the NHL. Time will tell but many of you ate acting like he stole a solid top 6 NHL guy when as of now not near the case.

Waivers is never anything to get too excited about. Just noting that he's a former Knight basically and justifying why they passed on the Pulkkinen/Babs connection.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This really doesn't make much sense. I could be wrong but didn't Marner, Nylander and Brown all make the leafs team this year so it seems they got the market cornered on first year smallish Right Wings

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Talented and creative in the o-zone, but lacks size & footspeed, and makes decisions too slowly to take advantage of his tools.

Really good AHLer.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Good luck to him.

Like others said, just surpassed on the depth chart. Surprised we weren't able to move him for a similarly aged defensive prospect; but hardly something to worry about.

Could be a solid pick up with PP time and bigger linemates to let him do his thing.

Otherwise, he'll be back in the A pretty soon.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
He can't go to the Marlies without clearing waivers though.

It is not that easy. Rules state:

Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him. If the claiming team places the player on waivers in the same season and his original team claims him, the team may send the player to the AHL without placing him on waivers again unless he meets the criteria for waiver expiration below.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I have strong doubts that he will carve himself a career in the NHL. If I would have to bet where I think he will be in 2/3 years time, it's Europe.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I have strong doubts that he will carve himself a career in the NHL. If I would have to bet where I think he will be in 2/3 years time, it's Europe.

He might ; but also may find a place. I see a lot of players in this league sitting in a limbo with their current team. Even someone like Leivo could carve out a good career - just having a tough time finding his place. Change, fresh start, new people to impress ; can do wonders.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
doesnt have that 1 special quality that could compensate for his size at nhl level. if he is willing to play through pain and dedicates himself to the defensive side of the game, he might bounce around the league for a couple years earning an nhl contract on a 4th line but boston has larger body guys to play on a 4th line.

wish griffith good luck but honestly ive never imagined a bruin lineup that included griffith as part of the 23 man lineup. i think toronto fans will be reminded of a guy like mark accerbello (sp?) once they see griffith in action

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
doesnt have that 1 special quality that could compensate for his size at nhl level. if he is willing to play through pain and dedicates himself to the defensive side of the game, he might bounce around the league for a couple years earning an nhl contract on a 4th line but boston has larger body guys to play on a 4th line.

wish griffith good luck but honestly ive never imagined a bruin lineup that included griffith as part of the 23 man lineup. i think toronto fans will be reminded of a guy like mark accerbello (sp?) once they see griffith in action

Hoping hes destined for the marlies. They need help up the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad