Recalled/Assigned: Sestito Recalled

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Hopefully he gets into a fight with Tootoo or maybe Farnham (if wants a death wish). Should make the game a little more entertaining. Games with New Jersey are usually tame.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
So what was the point of the shultz deal if they keep doing this?

What screwed up the Shultz trade is that Cole stopped sucking. Until some D starts playing poorly other than Letang, Maata or Daley, don't expect to see Shultz on the the ice.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
It's about time

Sestito is a legit NHL 4th line forward and much better than the majority of these recent call ups.

Too bad the kinder gentler Penguins HF board regularsâ„¢ are too prejudiced and can't look past the fact that he'll drop the gloves and defend his teammates if the need arises.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I thought Cole had a pretty meh game yesterday, POuliot were carrying him big time on the outlet. So Schultz might get in anyway. But im with you there, go with 7D and let some of our forwards get an extra shift.....

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
It's about time

Sestito is a legit NHL 4th line forward and much better than the majority of these recent call ups.

Too bad the kinder gentler Penguins HF board regularsâ„¢ are too prejudiced and can't look past the fact that he'll drop the gloves and defend his teammates if the need arises.

By leaving the bench? or should he protect KUhnhackl or whoever he is on the ice with?
He wont see the ice with any of our stars.

The enforcer role are so far gone its not even funny anymore

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's about time

And the other 99.9% of the season? What's he doing then?

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
You just know a big win is coming and the usual suspects will chalk it up to having this useless oaf on the bench making big bad meany faces at the other team.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think we're going to see a revolving door of call-ups for the rest of the way. Just giving guys a little bit of a reward for strong play in the AHL while trying to capitalize on that boost of adrenaline that we saw in spurts from Archibald last night. We'll probably see Simon, Dea & Mouillierat before it's all said and done.

Sestito's not a terrible hockey player. Certainly better than MacIntyre and Letourneau-Leblond. He can throw some big hits and cycle pretty well.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think we're going to see a revolving door of call-ups for the rest of the way. Just giving guys a little bit of a reward for strong play in the AHL while trying to capitalize on that boost of adrenaline that we saw in spurts from Archibald last night. We'll probably see Simon, Dea & Mouillierat before it's all said and done.

Sestito's not a terrible hockey player. Certainly better than MacIntyre and Letourneau-Leblond. He can throw some big hits and cycle pretty well.

I think Pens will recall jeffrey before they recall Simon.:laugh:

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So what was the point of the shultz deal if they keep doing this?

Exactly. Rather see a guy with a possible limited future tried out than a guy who we know is going back after a few games.

They have a small window in which to determine Schultz's usefulness. And in the last five or ten games of a tight playoff push would be a terrible time to start.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
Exactly. Rather see a guy with a possible limited future tried out than a guy who we know is going back after a few games.

They have a small window in which to determine Schultz's usefulness. And in the last five or ten games of a tight playoff push would be a terrible time to start.

Given the nature of this team I'm sure he'll be getting plenty of time soon. I mean it's inevitable the injury bug is going to strike us again before the season is over right? :(

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hey Pens Simon does exist you know? i bet he would be awesome here. **** this recalling.....

I'm glad we won against the Devs, but you seriously don't see a problem throwing a smallish foreign rookie onto the ice against Tootoo and Farnham? Do you secretly hate Simon? :laugh:

There's better teams to get Simon his cup of coffee against.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I'm glad we won against the Devs, but you seriously don't see a problem throwing a smallish foreign rookie onto the ice against Tootoo and Farnham? Do you secretly hate Simon? :laugh:

There's better teams to get Simon his cup of coffee against.

Maybe not this month, with all the divisional games lined up.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Maybe not this month, with all the divisional games lined up.

But, again, why do we need to get Simon up? He's adjusting to the NA game, he's had injury issues, and he's an active component of WB/S's success. Let him develop like a normal player, for christsake.

People just want a shiny new toy they can break and throw in the dumpster as per usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad