seriously...HF compared Mikko Koivu to Patrick Stefan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
I am not ready to call Stephan a bust but it is clear that he will not make the impact you expect from the number one pick. The skills of the two are similair.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
I don't believe their comparing the players success and what they'll become, so much as their comparing their relative styles.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Jokinen was Compared to zetterberg and Filppula to Datsyuk...among mnay pothers players also comp[ared to NHL'ers, like they said key word is STYLE , however im guessing it also implies if everything works out for these prospects 100% then they would also have the same impact as whom theyre compared to...of course its usually maybe 10% of prospects achieve the "what ifs".

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
AgentNaslund said:

WTH? So he gets injured early in the year. Lemaire and Riser have been gushing about this kid since he got to NA. He had a good rookie season in the AHL and had veteran-like play this preseason. He's far from a bust.

AgentNaslund*

DoobieDoobieDo said:
WTH? So he gets injured early in the year. Lemaire and Riser have been gushing about this kid since he got to NA. He had a good rookie season in the AHL and had veteran-like play this preseason. He's far from a bust.

sorry, my gut feeling is telling me hes gonna be a bust. Hes too slow, and has done very little to impress anyone.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Anyone being HF Posters? I guess we should ignore what everyone in Houston and Minnesota saw in the guy to, you know, go on the opinion of a couple people on HF...

Too slow? The guy isn't slow. He just isn't fast.

And done very little? THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT! He does the small things that no one notices but make him a coach's gift.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
AgentNaslund said:
sorry, my gut feeling is telling me hes gonna be a bust. Hes too slow, and has done very little to impress anyone.

anyone or just you. Its sad that if a kid isnt mentioned 100 time or more here within a certain time the kid is labeled bust, not as good as hyped, overrated, ect..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad