Line Combos: Serious Debate: The Power Play

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is 100% true. Looking a little deeper, they’ve given up 3 high danger chances while on the power play which is still too many. But you’d like to get A save once in a while.

IIRC, 2 of the 3 SHGs were Orlov shooting into the shin pads (at least 1 was), and the 3rd one last night, was Necas not keeping the puck in and DeAngelo, for some unknown reason half asking it skating back to stop the breakaway?

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
IIRC, 2 of the 3 SHGs were Orlov shooting into the shin pads (at least 1 was), and the 3rd one last night, was Necas not keeping the puck in and DeAngelo, for some unknown reason half asking it skating back to stop the breakaway?
I think TDA was playing it as if there was a defenseman on the other side who would take the forward.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I'm going to say we rely to much on the Defense to score. We play and inside/outside game instead of an outside/inside game. We don't have the heavy one timer as has been pointed out, but we also don't have that inside threat inside the box that is needed. In other words we basically play 2-2-1 instead of a 2-1-2.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm going to say we rely to much on the Defense to score. We play and inside/outside game instead of an outside/inside game. We don't have the heavy one timer as has been pointed out, but we also don't have that inside threat inside the box that is needed. In other words we basically play 2-2-1 instead of a 2-1-2.
Top goal scorers on the PP last year:
Necas: 9, Noesen and Aho: 7, TT and Svech: 5, Burns and Skjei: 4

Top goal scores on the PP this year:
Jarvis: 3, Noesen: 1, Necas: 1, Bunting: 1, Teravainin: 1, Burns: 1 (Burns is playing a position that a forward often does. IIRC, most of the forward's goals have been scored inside the box. Even KK got one last game, although it was technically even strength as it was scored 1s after the PP expired (so still 5 on 4).

Reactions: geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad