Post-Game Talk: Series Thread: WC Semi-Finals: Anaheim vs Edmonton (mod warning post #518)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
From being the laughing stock of the NHL to a game away from the WCF... The Oilers can be proud of what they have become. They'll be scary with an improved D in the next years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks fellas :yo::handclap:

Now I can go back to cheering against you (unless you reach the finals, then I will be cheering for you again :laugh:)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Thanks fellas :yo::handclap:

Now I can go back to cheering against you (unless you reach the finals, then I will be cheering for you again :laugh:)

What has Nashville ever done for you? :laugh:

I checked the GDT and it was (now) funny to read all the meltdown after the first goal against, but I sure as hell know I would be the same if I watched it live :laugh: Woke up just before 3d. And damn, that was nerve wrecking. Thought Getzlaf was being great and Montour was pretty damn visible offensively and did his job defensively. Overall, most of the guys did a great job. Damn, if Wags would have put that in...
Great to see Rick Nitchie finally score :) Hope playing with Getzlaf will boost his confidence again. Also, he looks more like Maroon than Maroon does :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
From main boards
USxLWYX.png

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
From main boards
USxLWYX.png

LOL

here's the real pic:

mcdavid-awkward-photo.jpg

you guys know the irony in that pic? the names of those two fans are Jimmy and Rosalina.

my parents names are Jimmy and Rosalina.

its almost as if my folks symbolically "held" mcdavid off the scoresheet for last night's game :laugh: my folks got a laugh when they found out the edmonton fans were the same exact name as them :laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Several mentioned needing depth scoring to show up for us to win. Fortunately it did with Cogs and Ritchie getting their first goals. Need more from depth guys. I thought Vermette was very subpar. Probably the worst forward on the ice.

Would really like to see Montour start racking up more points, but with his confidence and poise; I think they will come.

EakinsMVP

Apr 23, 2015
Oil fan here, sincerely saying congrats on the win.

Conspiracies be damned, that was an entertaining as hell series. I'm sure both fan bases were collectively crapping their pants at various points in the series haha. Forget the Pens-Caps series, this was the one to watch. Getz doesn't get enough recognition around the league - guy knows how to turn it up.

Cheers, and best of luck against those mustard-colored hippies. :cheers:

(At least if you win the cup, we can say "no shame in losing to the champs", right??)

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'll give credit where credit is due: thought Boll did a good job in his limited role last night, even had a somewhat dangerous SOG.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Very proud of the team. After giving up the tough first goal and the close call on the offside's by Fowler - I was sensing serious deja vu of a meltdown and and the players being more interested in arguing with the refs than winning the game.

They kept their composure, played a great game, and got the win. They had so much going against them (their history, the awful performance in game 6, their history of game 7 loses, and trailing in this game 7), but they found a way to play their best hockey of the series. Great game and I am very happily surprised by the result.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
The 4th line must have been good last night for RC to come out and say that they turned the game with the big shift in the 2nd.

I also think the turning point in the series was the Wagner goal in game 3 after McDavid scored the 3rd goal to come all the way back from 3-0. The tide was turning fast, that stopped the bleeding quickly.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Also proud of the team. Even more so that they had some adversity in Game 7, and went down a goal early, and then carried the play for the final two periods. That was a determined win.

Prairieboy

Sep 29, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Tough loss for the Oil. Edmonton won first period, Ducks won second period. All the marbles for the series in the third period, Anaheim was better that period. Play all those games. Comes down to twenty minutes. Congrats Duck fans. Bring Cup back West.

AnaheimDucks91

May 10, 2013
After watching the game I believe a difference maker for the Ducks was Ondrej Kase. He was buzzing all over the ice and used his speed to our advantage. By having him in the lineup, it seemed that Carlyle was able to move Rakell to the 3rd line and have Ritchie with Getzlaf and Perry. Although this may have done to switch the lineups up mid-game, that line of Rakell - Vermette - Kase looked good together and added more balance of scoring between the top 3 lines. I was noticeably happy with how Kase had such a great impact on our team last night :handclap:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Man, some of you have developed Stockholm Syndrome about Boll. The guy is useless. Just because he doesn't **** up in a game hardly constitutes a contribution. There are probably 1,000 guys in the world today who could play a couple of minutes a game and not be a disaster.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Man, some of you have developed Stockholm Syndrome about Boll. The guy is useless. Just because he doesn't **** up in a game hardly constitutes a contribution. There are probably 1,000 guys in the world today who could play a couple of minutes a game and not be a disaster.

Logan Shaw just doesn't happen to be one of them

DuckDude

Mar 16, 2017
Lol at everyone who bet on the Oilers :laugh:

Another lol for everyone who spent the last 2 days telling us we were crazy for having faith in this team and that they will never win a Game 7 :laugh:

Alright everyone got that out of their system?

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010

Yes, we know Boll isn't good. Acknowledging him being alright in a limited role (an accomplishment compared to his body of work this season) =/ Stockholm Syndrome ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad