Tidbits: Series talk: Wild vs. Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I was ragging on Nino, Granny and Staal, even after the game last night. Guys need to step up. Especiall Nino and Stall, who both had grade A point blank chances.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Apart from Parise and Coyle I don't think any of our forwards have been particularly noticeable besides White in game 3 when he was noticeably bad.

Granlund, Koivu, Nino, Staal, Zucker... They all need to step up.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Correct...Zucker is noticeable and making things happen, but still hasn't finished. Was shocked with how often Nino and Granny were falling over.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Agree, Zucker's been more lively recently. Rest of them, not so much. Would be neat to see all the cylinders firing again.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Apart from Parise and Coyle I don't think any of our forwards have been particularly noticeable besides White in game 3 when he was noticeably bad.

Granlund, Koivu, Nino, Staal, Zucker... They all need to step up.

White should not be in the lineup. Would MUCH rather see Haula in there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought White was fine in limited doses last night. I'm a Haula guy, but he looked bad in game 3. Think it's a health thing.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dub is at .943 sv%, 1.42 GAA (.923%, ~1.875GAA before last night's shut out). Nate Prosser is tied for 4th on the Wild for Playoff points, tied for 2nd in points per game. Which of these stats is more telling on how the Wild are playing as a team?

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I'm not against the hit - Parise wasn't injured. To me, this is what playoff hockey's about. It's nice to see some emotion and intensity.

It was a cheap shot no doubt about it since game was over with so little time left. I love the hit tho from a motivation standpoint because Parise now goes beast mode rest of series as the wild rattle off 4 wins in a row.

squarepizza

Apr 6, 2017
Minnesota
Maybe it's just me but I thought Prosser played very solid on both ends of the ice in game 4. Hopefully he builds on this for game 5. I don't remember a point in the game where he was a liability (please correct me if I'm wrong).
He looks like he belongs out there unlike.....(*coughFolincough*)

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Dub is at .943 sv%, 1.42 GAA (.923%, ~1.875GAA before last night's shut out). Nate Prosser is tied for 4th on the Wild for Playoff points, tied for 2nd in points per game. Which of these stats is more telling on how the Wild are playing as a team?

Joel Edmunson has more goals than Tarsasenko. I think it's just the Nature of this series.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe it's just me but I thought Prosser played very solid on both ends of the ice in game 4. Hopefully he builds on this for game 5. I don't remember a point in the game where he was a liability (please correct me if I'm wrong).
He looks like he belongs out there unlike.....(*coughFolincough*)

Hate to admit it, but you're right. At one point, he was pawing and jawing after the whistle with Reaves. A fight between those two would've been epic, and not in a good way for Nate.

He is not very talented, but he gives everything he's got, and he seems to have learned a bit of wisdom over the years. Hey, let's face it, he's also very well rested compared to most of the players on the ice.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Like everyone else, I too was expecting way more production from our top guys. But I am sure guys like Granny will so better once we are playing against the Ducks, as they are not so tight defending, suffocating team like the Blues are. Assuming, of course, that we can beat Nashville.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Anybody else feel like Granny has regressed a little in these playoffs? Like, he's frustrated by the blue-pylons, defense-only garbage, so he's gone back to how he played last year. I've noticed a few times where he gains the zone, but instead of driving to the net like he's done all year, he'll immediately skate backwards into the corner trying to set up the trailing guy, without even trying to get it on net.

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
Anybody else feel like Granny has regressed a little in these playoffs? Like, he's frustrated by the blue-pylons, defense-only garbage, so he's gone back to how he played last year. I've noticed a few times where he gains the zone, but instead of driving to the net like he's done all year, he'll immediately skate backwards into the corner trying to set up the trailing guy, without even trying to get it on net.

He is usually regular season for dough, post season for show, but it seems like the opposite this year. Im sure Yeo knows exactly how to play against him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
A whole bunch of players, including Granny, are not making their mark in this series. Having guys like Upshall and Reaves take you off your game cannot happen. They might outhit us, but guys like Poms, Granlund, Staal, Zucker, and Nino have to make them pay on the scoresheet when they have the chance. Coyle and Parise are making an impact. Zucker is playing well, and is forechecking his ass off, but he's got to score.

Granlund has done reasonably well entering the O zone on the PP, but he has been let down by the poor passing of others, giving up possession of the puck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad