Sergey Fedorov is new CSKA's head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Nikitin is fired. I don't care about CSKA, but I will hate it, if they appoint Nikitin as Team Russia's new coach instead of Bragin. His hockey is terribad.
yeah, I posted this a bit earlier. I think they will put Nikitin as a hc of NT and SKA, just a gut feeling. And CSKA is in a lot of trouble with Fedorov.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I'm feeling like I'm a minority here, but I actually wanted to see Nikitin in charge of the NT, but after the Olympics. I actually think he is doing a pretty good job of getting the best out of his players, not to mention that I just don't see a better candidate at all (it's not like we have a lot of good coaches).

Reactions: Atas2000

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm feeling like I'm a minority here, but I actually wanted to see Nikitin in charge of the NT, but after the Olympics. I actually think he is doing a pretty good job of getting the best out of his players, not to mention that I just don't see a better candidate at all (it's not like we have a lot of good coaches).

Yeah, and we'll get another Bill/Bragin shit style. I'm tired of this kind of hockey, thank you.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Yeah, and we'll get another Bill/Bragin shit style. I'm tired of this kind of hockey, thank you.

Nikitin, of course, loves his grinders, but he also showed he can work with more talented players too: Kaprizov and Grigorenko a year before; also Okulov, Shalunov and Mamin showed their best hockey this year.

And, as I mentioned before, probably it is even more important that aside from Bragin and Nikitin we have only Kvartalnov as a realistic candidate, I'm not sure if his style is so much better.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He should be the coach; he'd accept the position in a heartbeat too. I'd love to see it just to witness guys like Kozhevnikov's heads explode.
Kozhevnikov is a 50/50 guy you obviously hate. Half of the time he is right though. The real question is WHY do YOU care so much about an opinion of a former whatever guy who has no influence on russian hockey whatsoever and is basically just a fan with a recognizable name?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nikitin, of course, loves his grinders, but he also showed he can work with more talented players too: Kaprizov and Grigorenko a year before; also Okulov, Shalunov and Mamin showed their best hockey this year.

And, as I mentioned before, probably it is even more important that aside from Bragin and Nikitin we have only Kvartalnov as a realistic candidate, I'm not sure if his style is so much better.
People hate Bragin for all the wrong reasons. And he hasn't even got a chance to work for at least two full seasons.

The only negative about Nikitin is he seems to be a league coach who needs a significant amount of time to get his system to work. On the NT that is not an option.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The shit style wins games and tournaments. But yeah, let's entertain the fans of brazilian hockey. It's not like we did not enjoy the spankings of the BiZ team. I on my part is tired of losing, because no coach gets a chance to actually do his thing on the NT.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
yeah, I posted this a bit earlier. I think they will put Nikitin as a hc of NT and SKA, just a gut feeling. And CSKA is in a lot of trouble with Fedorov.
Which "credible source" supplies you with those incredible insights? I mean the absurd Nikitin part. The same shitheads who spread the SKA is Putin's team nonsense? Because everything is political in Soviet Russia you no longer know or understand?

This just an internal circus affair of CSKA's ol'boyz club board members. Embarassingly dumb, but it has nothing to do with any conspiracies around the NT. Too bad our management is too stupid to kick out Kvartalnov and hire Nikitin at any terms he might ask for.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How is Nikitin this genius/pay him whatever he wants coach all of the sudden I do not know. He won one championship with absolutely stacked team and he's bees knees now?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Which "credible source" supplies you with those incredible insights? I mean the absurd Nikitin part. The same shitheads who spread the SKA is Putin's team nonsense? Because everything is political in Soviet Russia you no longer know or understand?

This just an internal circus affair of CSKA's ol'boyz club board members. Embarassingly dumb, but it has nothing to do with any conspiracies around the NT. Too bad our management is too stupid to kick out Kvartalnov and hire Nikitin at any terms he might ask for.

That was my personal hunch, that's it. Why are you so angry? :) Good to have you back

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That was my personal hunch, that's it. Why are you so angry? :) Good to have you back
Your personal hunches seem to have very obvious sources. Not a knock. We all nowadays get bombarded with input from thousands of outlets. Which outlets is often decided by simply where you live. And this wave of modern day simulacrism is also carried by a bunch or russian click-bait- writers. It is them brought the whole thing up. And now Nikitin has to every other day deny. The last instance as late as yesterday. He stated clearly nobody from the FHR ever brought the topic up so far. It is also silly because he was tossed from the NT coaching staff before by the very regime that is in place now. Why would they want him back?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Your personal hunches seem to have very obvious sources. Not a knock. We all nowadays get bombarded with input from thousands of outlets. Which outlets is often decided by simply where you live. And this wave of modern day simulacrism is also carried by a bunch or russian click-bait- writers. It is them brought the whole thing up. And now Nikitin has to every other day deny. The last instance as late as yesterday. He stated clearly nobody from the FHR ever brought the topic up so far. It is also silly because he was tossed from the NT coaching staff before by the very regime that is in place now. Why would they want him back?
Because Bragin cannot coach NT, he is an average KHL coach with an above average charisma. I don't think they should want Nikitin, his style of play is not fitting the NT, but Bragin has no style at all.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Because Bragin cannot coach NT, he is an average KHL coach with an above average charisma. I don't think they should want Nikitin, his style of play is not fitting the NT, but Bragin has no style at all.
Bragin in NOT an average KHL coach. He CAN coach the NT. He might need one proper assistant. But that would be true for any of his predecessors. People forget or don't know that Tarasov was an assistant to Chernyshov. They were a tandem. A great one and Chernyshov deserves more credit.

The fact that you completely misjudge Bragin seems to be the problem.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Bragin in NOT an average KHL coach. He CAN coach the NT. He might need one proper assistant. But that would be true for any of his predecessors. People forget or don't know that Tarasov was an assistant to Chernyshov. They were a tandem. A great one and Chernyshov deserves more credit.

The fact that you completely misjudge Bragin seems to be the problem.

All in your opinion, I don't think Bragin is a strong coach at all

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
All in your opinion, I don't think Bragin is a strong coach at all
He does win with decent rosters. He does perform above on paper with mediocre rosters. Make of it whatever you like, but those are his performances as coach.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
He does win with decent rosters. He does perform above on paper with mediocre rosters. Make of it whatever you like, but those are his performances as coach.
He had a very strong roster at CSKA and failed. SKA is playing under potential in spite of numerous strong coaches in the support staff, Junior teams always played below potential, and some roster decisions were too conservative and cost us dearly. He is a great motivator, I give you that.
I don't remember how he did as a Spartak coach, was way too long ago.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He had a very strong roster at CSKA and failed. SKA is playing under potential in spite of numerous strong coaches in the support staff, Junior teams always played below potential, and some roster decisions were too conservative and cost us dearly. He is a great motivator, I give you that.
I don't remember how he did as a Spartak coach, was way too long ago.
You probably should stop reading those Telegram channels and start watching hockey uninfluenced by hilariously absurd takes.

With CSKA he was never given a chance. He was fired after two and a half months of play having a winning record. Basically the same CSKA idiocy that is happening now with the Nikitin out Fedorov in circus.

SKA was playing at the very least according to potential. Do you actually know what their roster looked like? Or are you stuck with Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Panarin and Gusev? They were a "top team" without a top line, with questionable defencemen and no one to turn to in goal as Hellberg was struggling after the injury, Samonov is okay, but that's it, Askarov chose to have nose dive in his season after the draft. Who was supposed to save the day? Marchenko and Podkolzin?

His junior teams have always played ABOVE potential except for one single time ffs. What exactly is the potential of a team with Denisenko as top scorer? Korshkov? Where are now those great players Bragin had at his disposal? Aside from the gold medal team(which was absolutely porous in goal on paper) and the team from the following year with Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Gusev, Vasilevskiy(and they finished 2nd) Bragin never had noteworthy selections to work with, yet he medaled even with absolutely average rosters. And the worth of Bragin's coaching we could see with our own eyes when the fake professor Larionov took over.

And now to the fun part. What roster changes are you suggesting? I mean obviously you arein line with the stupid narrative of Brgain taking older players "to play it safe" which he doesn't. And again Larionov has proven what his "innovative" approch with rosters is worth. But please enlighten me which future stars did Bragin leave of the roter?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
It sounds to me like you think you are the only one watching hockey?
Bragin absolutely took older defensive players over younger creative players and then complained that his team doesn't have enough creativity. The fact that you are asking where they are now? Do all creative or talented juniors make it to the top? It's about the moment in time at that age.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It sounds to me like you think you are the only one watching hockey?
Bragin absolutely took older defensive players over younger creative players and then complained that his team doesn't have enough creativity. The fact that you are asking where they are now? Do all creative or talented juniors make it to the top? It's about the moment in time at that age.
You still did not proviude a list. Bragin's choices do far have proven to be prophetic regarding those players development and hockey future.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
You still did not proviude a list. Bragin's choices do far have proven to be prophetic regarding those players development and hockey future.
Do you really think I will spend my time traversing the rosters and all the players in the CHL he had cut regardless of their performance in subway series. Look at all the best juniors of he had cut (some are for a reason of dropped play, but some just because it's the party's line) for yourself.
Again, at U20 WJC it's about now, not about some future success. It's a win now tournament

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Do you really think I will spend my time traversing the rosters and all the players in the CHL he had cut regardless of their performance in subway series. Look at all the best juniors of he had cut (some are for a reason of dropped play, but some just because it's the party's line) for yourself.
Again, at U20 WJC it's about now, not about some future success. It's a win now tournament
"Party's line" right now applies perfectly to the US. It sounds laughable for Russia. Nothing is done in hockey according to "party's line". Stop reading idiotic american propaganda about "Putin's team". And to say Bragin did anything on those grounds is even more ridiculous.

And yeah, those former CHLers are just garbage by now. Why? Did they get so upset over not being invited by Bragin that their whole careers went to waste? Or maybe Bragin knows who to pick and who leeave out.

WJC is not a win tournament. That's what you get wrong too. It is a junior tournament. It is giving some guys who have their last chance some exposure and opportunity over bringing in useless underagers. The ones not useless Bragin ALWAYS had on his teams. The guys who Bragin "inexplicably" left out tend to become busts so often, that I completely trust Bragin's judgement with juniors. The canadian obsession with the WJC tournament clouds a lot of people's judgement. It's no olympic medal. It is still a place of development and growth and the final battle best on best. I don't need Russia to win WJCs left and right. I want consistent high results(that's what Bragin has always delivered) and most importantly every year, on ervery team 2-4 guys who will play on the senior NT soon. If they have no supporting cast and not win I am perfectly fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad