Sergei Zholtok R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
In very sad news, Sergei Zholtok passed away during a game in Minsk Belarus yesterday.
Zholtok, who was 31, had been playing for Riga 2000 in Belarus, when he collapsed in the locker room in the arms of teammate Darby Hendrickson, apparently due to a cardiac arrhythmia. Zholtok had missed some games last season with the Wild due to an irregular heartbeat was cleared to resume his hockey career by the Mayo Clinic. The popular winger played 588 games for six teams during his NHL career and amassed 258 points. He is survived by his wife Anna and two sons.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Besides having him on my team, I liked watching him play. Also knew he did a lot of work for abused kids. Forget being a good player...he was a good man, father and husband.

....tactless question now.....is he off my roster now, or since this happened after the season SHOULD have started, will he be able to play for one more year?

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Zholtok...

Wild GM said:
....tactless question now.....is he off my roster now, or since this happened after the season SHOULD have started, will he be able to play for one more year?

Greg, I do believe you get to keep him on your roster, might be a better move not to play him or to request the league to remove him from your roster...somehow, just doesn't feel right having him on your roster...even if this is make-believe.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad