Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Already drafted by the habs this year in the 7th

He's Andrei'S younger bro

CH Wizard

No, he has been drafted in 2005 (by the habs)
...He went in the 7th round.
A player with good work ethic and playmaking skills.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I heard that he's a good playmaker, but doesn't have a great shot. I also heard that he can be fiesty.

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
According to McKeen's, he's a quick, darting skater .. well balanced and makes sharp, crisp turns .. excels on the one-on-one due to a mix of soft hands, splendid change of pace and lots of drive .. shows good courage, aggressively taking the puck to the net .. small in stature but willing to take his lumps in order to create scoring chances .. his hands are cat-quick like older brother Andrei .. plays on the reactive side however, and doesn't show much imagination defensively .. needs to upgrade his awareness and strive to fill defensive lanes .. tends to float and watch the play develop in hopes of picking off a pass, though this strategy can leave him out of position .. very adept at stealing pucks away; impressive hand-eye coordination and stick speed .. needs to move his feet more away from the puck .. sometimes will work very hard on the backcheck, though not on every shift yet .. possesses nice portions of nastinesss; will get quite chippy with his stick .. can be a real pest .. intermittent bursts of intensity .. passion heightens as the puck draws closer.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
It was a wonder why he dropped so far in the draft. THN had him ranked in the top 100.

He was an absolute steal for the habs on draft day.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Steadfast said:
I will admit I was pretty pissed, but at this point I'm not upset about passing on Brule. He did not look good at all the last few times I saw him.

Here's a link for you:

[url="http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp;jsessionid=CGEGODMHBALD?content=20050902_124800_4280"]http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp;jsessionid=CGEGODMHBALD?content=20050902_124800_4280[/url]
I agree they did have a great draft, they got a bunch of steals, especially Latendresse, I am just saying that they could have had Brule or Kopitar which they needed more than a tender especially since Theodore signed a 3 year deal, they also have Yann Danis who i got to watch play last year and he will be one hell of a tender in the NHL, he is very underrated and was the only reason the bulldogs made the playoffs last year. So in my mind the Carey Price wasn't the best pick they could have had. I could be wrong, Price could be the WHL's answer to Patrick Roy and thats why Montreal picked him so high. Thanks for the link by the way i enjoyed the read.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
He's playing for the London Knights this season and in his first preseaon he assisted on 5 or 4 goals and first star, and neither of Bolland/Schremp were playing in the game so put him with them it could be dangerous...

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
golleafsgo_17 said:
I agree they did have a great draft, they got a bunch of steals, especially Latendresse, I am just saying that they could have had Brule or Kopitar which they needed more than a tender especially since Theodore signed a 3 year deal, they also have Yann Danis who i got to watch play last year and he will be one hell of a tender in the NHL, he is very underrated and was the only reason the bulldogs made the playoffs last year. So in my mind the Carey Price wasn't the best pick they could have had. I could be wrong, Price could be the WHL's answer to Patrick Roy and thats why Montreal picked him so high. Thanks for the link by the way i enjoyed the read.
I don't get this whole "But the Habs have Theodore and Danis" thing. Price will not play in the NHL for AT LEAST 3 to 4 years, he's young, very young. I think he was 17 when he was picked and now has turned 18 since then. They will wait for him to develop properly and not rush him.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
golleafsgo_17 said:
Chances are Price is penciled in to play two more years of major junior and at least one year in the AHL, regardless if Theodore had signed or not. The three year deal is perfect for the Habs. In 3 years they should know whether they are confident in Price/Danis to takeover the duties from Theodore.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
golleafsgo_17 said:
theodore took about 6/7 years before being the real number 1 goaltender so they just went with who they thought would be the best down the road. I look forward at seeing Brule, Kopitar and Price play this year. I personnally thought they wouldve loved to draft Pouliot or Johnson and I still think they would've taken them had they fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad