Confirmed with Link: Sergei Brylin named as assistant coach

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Between him and Brunette it could be a night and day difference from the last couple years of horribleness.

Really? Think the players on the ice had more to do with the results than the.men on the bench.

I find it hard to believe that it was career hockey people like Ruff and Recchi who preferred to not hold players accountable for poor play nor not reward those who played well when their contract status didn't match that of some of their teammates.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Would it be fair to say Brylin was to the Devils cup teams what Palat was the Lightning?
Palat is a better player than Brylin ever was, but after the conversation about a month ago or maybe less where I said I think Pandolfo is massively overrated by this fanbase (probably not no more, but back in he day he was), Brylin was a considerably better player at the NHL than Pandolfo was.

It's actually a surprise Pandolfo outlasted Brylin in the NHL by close to 5 years and Pandolfo was about a year younger.

Brylin looked pretty bad in 07-08, but Pandolfo looked at least as bad by 08-09 and shortly got to a level much worse than Brylin had ever been at the NHL level.

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Palat is a better player than Brylin ever was, but after the conversation about a month ago or maybe less where I said I think Pandolfo is massively overrated by this fanbase (probably not no more, but back in he day he was), Brylin was a considerably better player at the NHL than Pandolfo was.

It's actually a surprise Pandolfo outlasted Brylin in the NHL by close to 5 years and Pandolfo was about a year younger.

Brylin looked pretty bad in 07-08, but Pandolfo looked at least as bad by 08-09 and shortly got to a level much worse than Brylin had ever been at the NHL level.
Ya I’d say Brylin was the more skilled player between him and Pando . Pando though was a scoring machine prior to the NHL was he not ? He had a couple / few good years at Boston U . Was he a projected top 6 guy that changed his game after the skilled game wasn’t working for him , or was he labeled a bottom 6 energy guy off the start ?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ya I’d say Brylin was the more skilled player between him and Pando . Pando though was a scoring machine prior to the NHL was he not ? He had a couple / few good years at Boston U . Was he a projected top 6 guy that changed his game after the skilled game wasn’t working for him , or was he labeled a bottom 6 energy guy off the start ?
He was definitely a scorer on college. I wanted to get one of his jerseys when he was in BU.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Absolutely love this, but also curious if he’s even a good coach or just a famous Devil who won 3 cups.

No idea, but given that Brylin was a guy who looked like his NHL career was stalling out and who really put in the work to become what he ended up, I'd think he should have a lot to offer. He could play all 3 forward positions and in all situations.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
never a bad thing to have someone whos won a stanley cup or two (or three) on the bench

:naughty:

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 7.52.33 PM.png

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
No complaints with the 3 Assistant Coaches we added this summer. Always good to see a former player work there way up the farm system to the NHL with the team they played most of if not all their career with. I'm glad he was kept around even after Lou and his boys left the organization. Maybe one day he will be a head coach in this league.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
No complaints with the 3 Assistant Coaches we added this summer. Always good to see a former player work there way up the farm system to the NHL with the team they played most of if not all their career with. I'm glad he was kept around even after Lou and his boys left the organization. Maybe one day he will be a head coach in this league.

ya, played 4 years in the K after the devils and came right back to coach the farm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad