Seravalli: Seravalli: Flames trade demands rescinded following Darryl Sutter’s departure

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Gotta’ be Huberdeau who made the ultimatum, right? First year with Sutter and Allan Walsh was doing a 'help, I’m be repressed' schtick on Huberdeau’s behalf on Twitter.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lol yourself. Could it have been handled better? Sure. Sutter could have refrained from putting his disdain of Francis on full display.

Lucic had an immediate positive effect on that line which went on for about 9 games as I recall. Then yes they weren't as effective.

Definitely a firing offence.
You can’t just rug sweep it when he kept over utilizing Lucic, Lewis, and Ritchie over youth.
Sutter got locked out of the dressing room in LA. This isn’t a new thing with him. The reporter is also Salim not Francis.
He has a short shelf life and was in a power struggle with Tre during the season.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
You can’t just rug sweep it when he kept over utilizing Lucic, Lewis, and Ritchie over youth.
Sutter got locked out of the dressing room in LA. This isn’t a new thing with him. The reporter is also Salim not Francis.
He has a short shelf life and was in a power struggle with Tre during the season.
That is your opinion. It is not gospel. And Salim is a poor replacement for his predecessor. Knows next to nothing about hockey.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Gotta’ be Huberdeau who made the ultimatum, right? First year with Sutter and Allan Walsh was doing a 'help, I’m be repressed' schtick on Huberdeau’s behalf on Twitter.
I think it is more the owners don’t want to rebuild and there are a lot of upcoming UFAs for the Flames. Rumours that Sutter played into Gaudreau’s and Tkachuk’s decisions as well

That is your opinion. It is not gospel. And Salim is a poor replacement for his predecessor. Knows next to nothing about hockey.
I’ll believe the people I know who work in the dressing room

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Please be Babcock, Please be Babcock, Please be Babcock, Please be Babcock...
They'd still be moving forward in player treatment from Bill Peters...

IDK, what lines is Sutter alleged to have crossed? I thought it was his predecessor who was the habitual line stepper.
I don't think he was a line stepper.

Line stomper, line kicker, sure. But line stepper?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I still think there will be significant changes, I specifically wonder about Toffoli and Markstrom, especially since the guy that brought them in is gone.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I loved how he was praised highly last year and now everybody is taking down on him. I'm talking the most praise I've ever seen from a coach on HFB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad