Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Maple Leafs in T.O. Saturday night 7:00 pm on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We got this one. Bet the Farm on it! :yo:

Normally I bet the Leafs in these games because it's such easy money, but +125 doesn't seem like a juicy enough line right now.

If I remember correctly the Sens have only won 2 of the last 12 Saturday night games against the Leafs.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Must win weekend

we play back to back second in a row night opponent

TO and MTL will be tired

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Any word on which goalie is starting this one given the fact that we play the Habs less then 24 hours later?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I keep telling myself that i won't ever watch a Sens-Leafs game again, but i always do. Even when the Leafs were the crappiest team in the league last season (i would argue that they were behind Buffalo in being one of the worst teams that season), the Sens always find a way to lose.

Can the Sens finally change and get a win?

soJfoPhoRbaC

Sep 5, 2015
toronto losing to detroit will probably light a fire under their *** and they'll come out flying against us

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Going to be a hard one for the 'ole ticker.

Hopefully we can break this strange spell Toronto has on the team. There isn't going to be any gimmie points with the tankers this year....we can't afford another poor start to the season.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Guys, Chill.

No more Kessel.

Say it with me

No... More.... Kessel.

We good, Hoffman and Karlsson will probably score a couple like always against Toronto.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Should be a good game, Toronto played tonight and looked terrible. I think we win 5-2 tomorrow night.

Logic agrees with a Senators win. Senators should win Saturday against the Leafs and probably lose Sunday against Montreal due to the back-to-back games issue as well as last year's final standings which are probably representative of team relative strength. Winning both would be great and start the season off on the right footing instead of the cluster-crapola that happened last season.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I feel like the game might be rather close tomorrow. Babcock could get TML to come out hard after getting rekt tonight, and we always manage to **** up against them.
Their roster is pure garbage though. Glad Kessel is gone.

I'll say 4-2 for us.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
They play always A+++ game against us, so its a first real test. I got the feeling there will be panic thread tomorrow on Sens board.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Last edited:

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Our roster could look like this right now:

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Macarthur - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Prince - Larkin - Lazar
Michalek - Pageau - Chiasson

I know it's pointless to think this way, but that Ryan trade is looking very ugly. Hopefully he turns it around. I'm willing to give him a few more games before becoming too critical.

Edit - of course there's no guarantee that we would have drafted Larkin, but with our scouting staff's track record, I'm confident we would have taken one of Ritchie, Larkin, Sanheim, or Fabbri.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Silfverberg who? :sarcasm:

Come on, that’s like bringing up Bishop, move on!

I think it's good to hold management accountable for their bad trades. There choices can decide the fate of a franchise. For example, many people believe that if we had kept Chara and let redden walk, we would have won the cup. The Bishop trade was awful. The Ryan trade could get ugly too. If fans don't hold management accountable, then how can we expect them to be more scrupulous in the future?

Of course, on the flip side, there have been some good trades as well. The Turris trade has been wonderful. The Methot trade addressed a gaping hole in the roster. But overall, I think management has made more poor decisions than good ones over the past 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad