Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs tonight ons SportsNet

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
So excited to see what Brown and Batherson can do.

Those two are the real wild cards in determining how we fare in the future.

Formenton, Tkachuck, White these players won't ever be elite forwards. But Batherson and Brown have the potential.

A top six of

Tkachuk-Duchene-Stone
Formenton-Brown-Batherson

would be nice.

But I guess we''ll have to see how Melnyk's chequebook is feeling to sign MS and MD to 8 mil deals.

Reactions: Xspyrit

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I want to see what the young guys do

And I feel a lot of excitement and joy inside that hockey is back! :)

GO SENS GO!

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He doesn't have the vision and creativity the other two have.

Tkachuk's vision is extremely good, better than Batherson's.

For the creativity part, I think Batherson is highly creative but that's more of a positive towards Batherson than it is a negative towards Tkachuk.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He doesn't have the vision and creativity the other two have.

Have to disagree there. Based on everything I've read and have seen from Brady he has great vision. Even his biggest critics in the scouting community recognize he is a good puck distributor and occasionally displays high end vision. Just look at the back hand feed he gave Mark Stone in the intra squad games. From what I've seen he makes plenty of those plays in the slot to a player off to the side, for me that's a pretty good display of vision. Not to mention his ability to protect the puck and draw in defenders, which opens the ice for his teammates. His poise and awareness with the puck is undeniable.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Dzingle vs Formenton speedwise?
Dare to compare?
Don't know Alex F that much

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Have to disagree there. Based on everything I've read and have seen from Brady he has great vision. Even his biggest critics in the scouting community recognize he is a good puck distributor and occasionally displays high end vision. Just look at the back hand feed he gave Mark Stone in the intra squad games. From what I've seen he makes plenty of those plays in the slot to a player off to the side, for me that's a pretty good display of vision. Not to mention his ability to protect the puck and draw in defenders, which opens the ice for his teammates. His poise and awareness with the puck is undeniable.

I'm not saying that he has bad vision. It's really really good. He's a playmaker first and it shows. It's just not elite NHL forward level vision.

If Tkachuck had elite level NHL forward vision he would have gone 2nd overall.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
As if the Sens going full Budd Dwyer isn't enough to kill my interest in this sport, it's clear that sports networks are intent on cramming John Tavares into every open orifice within sight of my TV for the next half-decade.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Can't wait to see Crawford screaming at them when they come back to the bench.. then again he will likely only start that when the games mean something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad