Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Kings Wed Oct. 9th 10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I'd love to see Pageau with Conacher. Throw in a wrecking ball like Greening, and you have a line whose game is founded on forcing turnovers and getting three or four shots off of each.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'd love to see Pageau with Conacher. Throw in a wrecking ball like Greening, and you have a line whose game is founded on forcing turnovers and getting three or four shots off of each.

Missing the net on every one.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So is Turris going to be centering the first line?

I hope not we all ready saw how turris plays, as a first line center, and he is in such a good line with Mac And Con, I really want to see pageau play top line he did it for some time in the play offs and looked good.

It would be a really questionable move by Pmac to break up the only line with amazing chemistry, and play turris in role that he has proven he can't play well as others.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So will we see Da Costa with Ryan and Michalek? If he's ever going to get an opportunity to show his stuff this will be it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Except for this little gem that a lot of people don't even remember:

That's not even the most entertaining game.

The one where Avery punched Hasek in the head, Neil and McGrattan were ejected, Chris Kelly got destroyed by Jeff Norton so Chara went and dropped Gleason and got suspended for it.

Hasek was substituted for Emery and we all thought Razor was going to drop 'em with someone.

Not to mention, Vermette scoring SH as the game-winning goal.

I brought some people to the game who weren't familiar with hockey and they were soundly impressed.

"Is this what it's always like?"

"Er...yes..."

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bring on Stephane Da Pinkman!

7697488.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's not even the most entertaining game.

The one where Avery punched Hasek in the head, Neil and McGrattan were ejected, Chris Kelly got destroyed by Jeff Norton so Chara went and dropped Gleason and got suspended for it.

Hasek was substituted for Emery and we all thought Razor was going to drop 'em with someone.

Not to mention, Vermette scoring SH as the game-winning goal.

I brought some people to the game who weren't familiar with hockey and they were soundly impressed.

"Is this what it's always like?"

"Er...yes..."

Yeah the 2006 game was memorable! Good times, I remember it very well

Milan the God*

Also didn't Murray go after the Kings play by play guy after the game or something?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lineup according to senschirp:

Michalek-Da Costa- Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Smith-Neil
Kassian-Pageau-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Wiercioch
Phillips-Corvo

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The whole team looked tired after the 2nd period. Spezza was hustling back as best he could and he was backchecking for most of the game. There was 1 time where he didn't move his feet (probably due to injury) and put out his stick and had a very weak call go against him -- yes, he should have known better. The Kessel neutral zone thing has been explained multiple times; Spezza was not at fault on that play. It's like when people blame Spezza for that Crosby assist from behind the net in the playoffs. Forcing a pass by giving the opponent no play and then having a defensive breakdown behind you doesn't make the goal your fault.

These were things that happened to Alfredsson too. Last year and the previous one especially I saw Alfie give up on a ton of plays, be lazy coming back or making a bad decision with/without the puck. It happens to everyone.

Anyway, he's still an effective player injured or not. It would be nice to have him 100%, but as long as he's not making the injury worse I'd like to keep him on the team injured or not...he's still one of our best, if not our best, players.

If you think that was an excusable play then you probably didn't play much hockey. First of all he was at his own blue line not behind the net, he had no protection Kessels feet weren't moving and Spezza had an angle. It was nothing like the Crosby assist. It was a very easy play if Spezza moves his feet and forces him to make a decision Methot has more time to make his decision. Instead Spezza skated up to him slowly then backed up slowly then once he saw Methot was beat on the pinch (where he should have been supporting the puck) then he started to move his feet and it was too late.

You conveniently just picked the part where I ragged on Spezza and not the entire post when I focused on what he did well. I see the posturing in your argument but you will consistently see that I am a Spezza supporter, however when he makes an inexcusable play from your captain I will not make excuses for it or ignore it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Conacher has way more offensive instincts, that's a waste on a team that is only getting scoring from one line. Why do people want to break up the only thing that is exceeding our expectations? Ever heard of it aint broke don't fix it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Conacher has way more offensive instincts, that's a waste on a team that is only getting scoring from one line. Why do people want to break up the only thing that is exceeding our expectations? Ever heard of it aint broke don't fix it.

Well, if the team ends up broke, they may end up trying to fix it.

3 points in 4 games and no one is panicking yet.

There's some gallows humour in this thread but that's ok.

If the team starts piling up the losses, they may have to break what is fixed on one line to try and fix the other three.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
SDC: The only 13th forward that goes from being scratched to playing on the 1st line against top competition.

Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad