Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Burrows was not a rental, he requested and recieved a 2 year extension in order to waive his NTC, and accept the trade to Ottawa ...... that's why the return was what it was.

A third line 36 year old demanding an extension from the team acquiring him at the deadline in order to waive doesn't increase his trade value, it lowers it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Didn't really need to scour the replay, it was a glaring misplay in numerous ways that resulted in a goal.

Missed clear
Bungled puck
Neither D goes to the correct spot
Neither D in front of the net
Both D facing the end boards
Results in a goal against
Yeah, that was a terrible play all around by those 2. Dunno how anyone can defend them there. Multiple errors made by both. They should not play together.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Watching the highlights again now. Boro playing the non-existing 2 on 1 to let Toews just walk in was pretty comical. Goood example of how low his awareness/IQ is.

Horrible pass by Chabot in OT but an even worse effort by Duchene to keep possession.

That defense is going to be a train wreck all season long.

If this new kid can turn into a legit player, that might help solidify it a bit. But they desperately need a legit top 4 guy, even a top pair guy, to be ok back there.

Anderson needs to be amazing for this team to do anything this year.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I really thought we should’ve won this game. Not saying it was a pretty game, but the kids showed some promise and truthfully this was a hell of a lot more entertaining then the tire fire that was last season. I think these guys are playing for each other and no one else. Us vs the world.. I am curious to see how Tkachuk will be vs the Leafs, as I think he will not want to miss that game, the guy just has that Conor Mcgregor swagger, it will rub off on the others. I am not expecting playoffs but I think this team is going to have a f*** em attitude towards the rest of the league

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Watching the highlights again now. Boro playing the non-existing 2 on 1 to let Toews just walk in was pretty comical. Goood example of how low his awareness/IQ is.

Horrible pass by Chabot in OT but an even worse effort by Duchene to keep possession.

Yeah, that play by Boro was terrible. It did look like it was going to be a two on one, but the forwards hustled to take it away, but he didn't adapt at all. Boro was off all night imo. They really should have played those two together more in pre-season if that's what they were going to go with. Much prefer Ceci with Chabot or Wolanin though

Lajoie icing it thinking it was a PK when it was 4 on 4 was worth a chuckle.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Formenton and Boedker have nice chemistry. Connected on a few nice plays that could’ve gone in. Too bad Forms missed that empty net.

Boedker is kind of invisible in a sneaky way, his vision tonight was really impressive, could have had 4 assists on great setups.

Reactions: Sensinitis

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I don’t think Boro played that too badly.

Andy should have known that he had the pass covered and come out further to challenge the shooter.

I give him more of the blame.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I don’t think Boro played that too badly.

Andy should have known that he had the pass covered and come out further to challenge the shooter.

I give him more of the blame.

How dare you not blindly attack Boro. He's terrible even when he's not.

How dare you, sir.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
As I said before, Ottawa was a lot more dangerous IMO.

Chicago threw a lot of pucks at the net.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a shot map for the game.

Agreed, we had a few breakaways, a few posts, and a disallowed goal. With a bit more luck, we win this easily.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Couple of thoughts.
Pyatt is done.
Kids looked good
White is an nhl player
Boedker surprised me, he and Formenton seem to work well together
Tierney didn’t look great but wasn’t horrible
Boro, ugh

If this keeps up I’d like to see Wolanin or Jaros here in place of Boro soon. Also Chlapik in place of Pyatt but on the third line as the smith/white/stone line was our best. Brady will give Duchene some time and space then let Boedker/Chlapik/Formenton be a speedster line. I guess that would move Tierney to 4th line unless we put Chlapik up with stone and pushed smith down to 4th

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
White is going to look good. Stone makes everyone look better than they are.
Man... it's pretty tough to not make a joke with this one and say "perhaps Stone should hang out with "enter one of 2 names here" more."

I really hope the kids do well. They must be so excited.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
cool it with the boro hate guys, he is gonna be our future captain, will keep the locker room glued together and despite the fact that he is not a NHL talent he still tries really hard.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Boro is a third pair guy. no idea why we have him where he is.

So, I'm sure you've caught a lot of Boucher's pressers but one word that keeps coming up is "intangibles". It's literally said once every unit. Boro is the king of intangibles. He's good in the room, the press loves him, the coach loves him, a section of the fanbase loves him. That's why he plays a ton. And he could well be our next captain if Duchene and Stone leave.

The only way to stop this is to do what someone like Dubas in Toronto did with Matt Martin, simply trade him or waive him. Dorion won't do this though because our ticket base is so fragile that those twenty Boro Yobs cancelling actually hurts out bottom line. Ceci wasn't terrible, he's just a mediocre dude on D.

Lajoie was great to watch, Duchene is decently ok, Andy was mostly fine.
Next game is 40 shots a side and I think I prefer their Andy in that situation, sadly.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lajoie made a lot of high end plays tonight. I had fairly high hopes for him as soon as next season, but wasn’t ready for him to make the jump so quick. Really impressive performance for his first NHL game.

Dissapointed mostly with Dzingel tonight. He’ has a huge opportunity but tonight, the first game of the season, he was a massive dud. He was at too many times separated from the play. His compete level has to be much better. Must have been a frustrating night for Duchene as Ryan was often out of the play tonight as well. He’s gonna need better support from those two moving forward.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Couple of thoughts.
Pyatt is done.
Kids looked good
White is an nhl player
Boedker surprised me, he and Formenton seem to work well together
Tierney didn’t look great but wasn’t horrible
Boro, ugh

If this keeps up I’d like to see Wolanin or Jaros here in place of Boro soon. Also Chlapik in place of Pyatt but on the third line as the smith/white/stone line was our best. Brady will give Duchene some time and space then let Boedker/Chlapik/Formenton be a speedster line. I guess that would move Tierney to 4th line unless we put Chlapik up with stone and pushed smith down to 4th

I didnt see much of the 3rd, but Pyatt looked sharp to me along with that whole 4th line. Limited skills but hes a smart player who gets up and down the ice as good as any 4th liner in the league imo.

Lajoie, just wow. What a debut. If he didnt look this good all preseason I would dial by my hype, but he's got very legit top 4 potential now. Thank freaking god becasue that d corps is in its greatest time of need atm...its hella bad.

Im praying that White gets to keep going at center, and Smith is the one to get bumped down when BT gets back.

All in all, this could actually be a pretty fun team to watch this year.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad