Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
We were lucky to even get 1 point. My main problem with this team that HASN'T BEEN ADDRESSED FOR YEARS, is the fact that
1) We seem to call it quits early
2) We give up way to many shots on goal.

If im Hammond i'd be rightfully pissed off at how little defensive support I was getting.

Othello*

Borowiekie with all the time in the world and decides to ice the puck which leads to the goal.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Just finished watching the whole game.

Sens did not deserve to win that, so I guess I'll take the point.

Pretty terrifying decisions at the end there, and some shoddy linesmen work.

Bruins just blew a lead and lost in regulation.

And despite our sketchy defensive start to the year, we are still 16-1-4 in our last 21 road games. we've only lost 1 time since February and that was against the Penguins.

Hammond 21-1-3 in 25 games. Still damn impressive.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We should fire yet another head coach to distract people from the real issues with this team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Borowiekie with all the time in the world and decides to ice the puck which leads to the goal.

Decides to not ice the puck, you mean. To ice it, it would need to travel the full distance of the rink, which it was pretty clearly to all but the linesman not going to do.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Wier-Stone-Prince looked pretty good on that OT shift until they got caught on that icing, after which they just got boxed in their zone. They all had pretty good games otherwise though. I'm not sure why everyone's ripping on them - they were tired after a long shift, and had been controlling play prior to that icing. Wier's been struggling most of the year, but his game tonight was similar to the end of last year - just quietly efficient. Hopefully he can keep that up.

In other news, Wideman and Lazar were TERRIBLE this game.

I'm happy that Wideman got his first NHL goal, but he was also on the ice for half of Carolina's ES shot attempts, despite having the lowest ES icetime of all Ottawa d-men. I've liked his games otherwise this year, but he was by far Ottawa's worst defenseman tonight. Just a non-factor in Ottawa's zone, and, with the exception of the early Cowen-Boro shift and the final few minutes of the game, he was out there for every sequence where Ottawa was hemmed in its zone for significant periods.

Lazar looked REALLY bad centering the 4th line, and he killed all of Turris and Stone's momentum when he got promoted in the 3rd period as well. He should be playing the wing in the bottom 6.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

Seriously... he is an idiot with the puck. Any other D-man on this team besides Cowen in that situation and we get the win in regulation.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seriously... he is an idiot with the puck. Any other D-man on this team besides Cowen in that situation and we get the win in regulation.

Or a linesman that knows the difference between 200 feet and 190.

But lets blame Boro for not actually icing the puck

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We really, really need a legitimate 3 & 4 D pairing at a minimum.

I'm so mad. We need a defensemen so bad and it has never shown as much as this year. Murray HAS TO BE working the phones in the next weeks to get us an upgrade on defense. The team isn't that bad when a good effort is given but our defense is what hurts us and puts wayyy to much pressure on our goaltenders.

Anderson and Hammond have had to stop 35-40 shots per game, this is not acceptable. Offensively we are still in fact top 10 in goals for but we are bottom 10 in goals against and our goaltenders have been lights out for us for the most part so far. Don't need to be a ****in rocket scientist to make 1 + 1 and figure that we need help on defense NOW.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Lucky to came away with 1. Blow off your steam on here and then start being rationale again in the pre-game thread for Tuesday.

**** happens.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its sad when theres no pairing I want playing in the last 2mins of the game. Hopefully we get that top 6 forward tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad