TSN: SENS @ the WJC. Tonight ~ Canada vs Czechia 6:30 pm, & USA vs Sweden @ 2:30pm

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Cooley is looking pretty solid.

Lysell dropped in the draft for a reason

He's a very talented player but he does have a lot of Drouin in his game.

Should be able to have it be coached out of him, but there may be a initial rude awakening for him in making the transition to the pros.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Pettersson sails it out for delay of game. Hope it doesn't end up in their net.... never a fun penalty to take, especially in a big game. Although, hey, I guess it can't hurt to have something in common with Mitch Marner, right?
Pettersson with a beauty shot over the glove under the bar 3-2 USA

Tuning in late . Too bad Boucher could not go. Anybody hear what was up?

Carlsson buries and its 3-3
Boucher is hurt btw. Not sure what the exact nature of the injury is.

Maybe he was playing through it? Not that it would excuse him totally looking off Fantilli...

PS: Has Gauthier been the best 2022-drafted forward this tournament? Snuggerud? Bueller?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The kind of player casual fans think is way better than he actually is because he tries to dangle all the time and looks nice skating with the puck.

Could honestly say the same about Cooley this tournament, despite racking up more points. Both need to simplify their game tremendously to be effective as NHLers.
Big difference between Cooley and Lysell imo... Cooley has high IQ. Good distributor sees the ice well. Lysell has the tools. 19 pts in 20 AHL games. He'll do ok.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
PS: Has Gauthier been the best 2022-drafted forward this tournament? Snuggerud? Bueller?

Gauthier has actually been pretty disappointing.

Nice goal today but he basically racked up a bunch of goals against an awful Germany team and was largely invisible for the first 5 games.

You can see the tools are there though. Good bet to be a top 6 forward.

I'd say the best 2022 drafted forward has been Snuggerud. Looking like a massive steal for the Blues.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pettersson sails it out for delay of game. Hope it doesn't end up in their net.... never a fun penalty to take, especially in a big game. Although, hey, I guess it can't hurt to have something in common with Mitch Marner, right?

Boucher is hurt btw. Not sure what the exact nature of the injury is.

Maybe he was playing through it? Not that it would excuse him totally looking off Fantilli...

I would go for this tournament
Cooley / Snuggerud.
Kulich
Bystedt
Gauthier

Snuggerud has been on PP2 all tournament but basically driving it. He plays on the top line with Gauthier and Cooley and they moved Boucher in as the net front on PP1 moving Snuggerud to PP2. It balanced out the PPs but Snuggerud likely has a couple more points on PP1 just because of the surrounding talent. Snuggerud, Cooley and Gauthier are well over a pt a game in their D+1 in the NCAA.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Pettersson with a beauty shot over the glove under the bar 3-2 USA

Tuning in late . Too bad Boucher could not go. Anybody hear what was up?

Carlsson buries and its 3-3

Nice goal by Oskar picking the far top corner. Good speed entering the D zone and going around the D. He could be an NHL player soon.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
iihf.com is broken

1672956934482.png

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The kind of player casual fans think is way better than he actually is because he tries to dangle all the time and looks nice skating with the puck.

Could honestly say the same about Cooley this tournament, despite racking up more points. Both need to simplify their game tremendously to be effective as NHLers.
I don't think it's just a casual fan thing. It's a hockey player thing at the highest level of teenage hockey in the world.

Mann mentioned in an interview last year that they need to coach the junior out of players when he gets them

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Canada Finally Guenther gets one on the PP. Several stops before that.
Shout out to Othman for drawing the penalty

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
An impressive one timer for sure

every time i hear Marcel Marcel i keep thinking of that Seinfeld episode: Marcel, Marcel, on a journey from Milan to Minsk

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad