Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd be shocked if he ends up in London. I would imagine he'd have to be really, really bad to warrant a boot back to juniors. They'd surely consider the minors before doing so, though I guess it depends on when they want to start paying him.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I don't understand why he would sign an ELC just to go to the CHL. That's a sharp left turn for a guy who is NHL ready right now (now, it may not be best for him, but that's another story).

Ottawa probably gave him the full court press to get him to sign, they probably really want the PR of having the fruits of their miserable season on the ice to sell some tickets first and foremost, and making their own pick worse is just a happy side effect.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
His goal is probably to play at least 10 games with the Sens this year and burn an ELC year. Tkachuks have been there before and know the business.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, I don't understand why he would sign an ELC just to go to the CHL. That's a sharp left turn for a guy who is NHL ready right now (now, it may not be best for him, but that's another story).

Ottawa probably gave him the full court press to get him to sign, they probably really want the PR of having the fruits of their miserable season on the ice to sell some tickets first and foremost, and making their own pick worse is just a happy side effect.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Look at this smile, people. This is the guy who'll score the Sens out of the bottom 10... only to make you cry.

There's a possibility the Sens manage to not be a bottom 10 team this year, but if they do it's because they held onto all of EK, Stone, and Duchene longer than they should have. I can't see Brady Tkachuk making the jump to the NHL and being a difference maker this season.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
There's a possibility the Sens manage to not be a bottom 10 team this year, but if they do it's because they held onto all of EK, Stone, and Duchene longer than they should have. I can't see Brady Tkachuk making the jump to the NHL and being a difference maker this season.

I actually think this will happen. For the Senators, it will be about selling tickets and saving face on the draft pick. They will do better than expected and the pick will not be that high. I have said it before, but it would not surprise my in the least if the Avs own first round pick in 2019 is higher than the Sens pick. The Avs will have much tougher competition overall in the Central and the West.

I think Melnyk/Dorion will put off tearing things down completely until later on. It may get much worse in the future for the Sens before it gets better.

Reactions: Avs44

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Will he do more for them than Hoffman?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
All this talk about Tkachuk (understandable of course), what about Logan Brown? Surely he's close.

Side note: Any truth to the rumors that Roy wanted Brown when the Avs opted for Jost instead, or is that just speculation?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What are the primary differences between the Tkachuk boys in play style, etc.? Is one projected to be better than the other?
Brady is less of a bull and plays a more east-west offensive game. Not that he doesn't have a healthy dose of the family snarl but I imagine he'll be the more offensively creative of the two brothers in the NHL. He could conceivably score 15 goals as a rookie next year, maybe more.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Brady is a more talented and creative Matthew with just a touch less sandpaper. I could see Brady stepping in at a similar level to Matthew next season, maybe a touch more as a ~50 point kid. A Landy like rookie season isn't out of the question for him. Especially if he slots on the same line as Duchene and/or Stone.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Personally, I think Matt is a bit more skilled. Brady is supposedly tougher and faster, though. Matt is more skilled, smarter, and more aggravating (for now). Brady in the mid-40's range if he plays with skilled linemates all year...but more like in the 30's range or less depending on how much time he actually spends with the Sens.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
When I see Brady Tkachuk I see the player that JVR was supposed to be. JVR never really drove to the net or played north-south the way you would really like a guy with his tools to do, but they have very similar body types and pretty similar skillsets from what I've seen. Brady is such a good two way player I think that will hurt his numbers, but to me I see a 65+ pt winger that goes to war every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad