News Article: Sens talking to Gatineau about new arena complex

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Also: young people don't take their hats off.

You can't forget the hats, Hutz! The hats! Won't somebody please think of the hats!

The hats? Good god, not the hats!! Oh the humanity!!! I see the light now. In fact, we should probably burn the whole city to the ground, it's a lost cause now. I see no hope for Gatineau.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Can't respond to Leclaire properly?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I think what he was trying to do was point out to the rest of us that in this scenario, he's Adam Sandler.

He also changed his avatar to the Oilers to show his disgust with the Sens for even contemplating this move. Wonder what his avatar will be when he finds out that Edmonton has built rinks in nearby Spruce Grove, AB and the French speaking St. Albert, AB. We know it won't be the Sharks...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
No need to pile on another Sens fan with an opposing view on here imo, it's a free country and people are entitled to feel how they want if it is being against a proposed development from their favorite team or even if it is disliking the french in general. I am half french and have lived across the pond for many years of my life and frankly i can somewhat understand people holding a bit of a grudge with the non Canada lovers and or seperatists who have no real use for the nation.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I am half french and have lived across the pond for many years of my life and frankly i can somewhat understand people holding a bit of a grudge with the non Canada lovers and or seperatists who have no real use for the nation.

French ≠ separtist
French ≠ "non Canada lovers"

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
No need to pile on another Sens fan with an opposing view on here imo, it's a free country and people are entitled to feel how they want if it is being against a proposed development from their favorite team or even if it is disliking the french in general. I am half french and have lived across the pond for many years of my life and frankly i can somewhat understand people holding a bit of a grudge with the non Canada lovers and or seperatists who have no real use for the nation.

It is a free country. That gives us all the ability to comment on what we feel are misguided opinions. Works both ways. You're not here to police things and if people feel that speaking out against the Sens supporting Quebec on the grounds of some personal grudge against the French is dumb, we're going to call it dumb.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Where was that stated in my post? Or are you assuming that is what i meant?

No, sorry, not accusing you of anything. That shouldn't have been the takeaway point there.

Merely clarifying the point. That's all. I know that there is a large sentiment in western Canada that "Quebec" and "Separtist" are one and the same, so I find that it needs to be brought up every now and again just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
No, sorry, not accusing you of anything. That shouldn't have been the takeaway point there.

Merely clarifying the point. That's all. I know that there is a large sentiment in western Canada that "Quebec" and "Separtist" are one and the same, so I find that it needs to be brought up every now and again just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Not just western Canada. :laugh:

I know plenty of people in and around Kanata who think this exact way. Or that because I'm French, I'm from Quebec.

They literally look at you like a slacked jawed yokel when I tell them I've never lived in Quebec.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Also, as a pure Anglo I reserve the right to also not love Canada. Why, I spent half of high school refusing to stand for the national anthem and my French is only good enough for reading a cereal box!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Also, as a pure Anglo I reserve the right to also not love Canada. Why, I spent half of high school refusing to stand for the national anthem and my French is only good enough for reading a cereal box!

Oh no.. you were one of those kids.

:sarcasm:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

When I lived and worked in Europe and met other Canadians, no joke 1 in 3 (from the West) would make a comment about French Canadians when I said I was from Ottawa. Comments included "how can you deal with all of them?" or "I F-ing hate Quebec". I'd usually ask if they had even been to Quebec, and 100% the answer was 'no'. I'd also mention that I was French Canadian, and that did not stop some of them from continuing to rag on the French...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

My bad and i somewhat realized that after, for the record i am pro french and pro arena, just understand and appreciate other's have differing views is all!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It is a free country. That gives us all the ability to comment on what we feel are misguided opinions. Works both ways. You're not here to police things and if people feel that speaking out against the Sens supporting Quebec on the grounds of some personal grudge against the French is dumb, we're going to call it dumb.

Certainly not policing just providing my opinion and i believe assuming someone's motive's/reasons in really any case and calling that fact is dumb.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
When I lived and worked in Europe and met other Canadians, no joke 1 in 3 (from the West) would make a comment about French Canadians when I said I was from Ottawa. Comments included "how can you deal with all of them?" or "I F-ing hate Quebec". I'd usually ask if they had even been to Quebec, and 100% the answer was 'no'. I'd also mention that I was French Canadian, and that did not stop some of them from continuing to rag on the French...

It's sad lol

I know a lot of people from about anywhere on the planet and french canadian people are among the greatest (although they have a bit of that individual selfish NA mentality which results on very little courtesy on the road for example). French people are great too but they have more issues IMO. I like English people too but they are not perfect... Every culture/race has strenghts/weaknesses. Racism shows a very narrow-closed mind

In Québec, I don't even hear "square heads" or "block heads" anymore, people are evolving here. Maybe other canadians should try that too, no?

That being said, I am racist against haters. The sad thing is that it makes me a hater too... I am trying to diminish my hate against haters but that's not an easy task.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My bad and i somewhat realized that after, for the record i am pro french and pro arena, just understand and appreciate other's have differing views is all!

I can appreciate the fact that it seems barbershoppe has thing against francophones by engaging in discussion with him about it

Appreciate and accepting or encouraging are different concepts

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
+1

While I disagree with pretty much everything Barbershoppe said, I don't see the need to pile on. Everybody expressed their opinion, and we know nobody ever changed someone's opinion on a web forum, especially not by yelling or laughing at each other. We're all Sens fan, can't we all get along?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad