Bytown
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Paul-Lazar-Chiasson
Dzingel-Gomez-Neil

This last quarter of the season should be good :laugh:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I don't think the Ottawa Senators franchise will survive at this rate.

We have an old senile GM, Our owner is Scrooge, we traded Shane Prince and let go Stefan Da Costa, we signed Scott Gomez, and on top of that we have Mark Borowiecki and Chris Neil playing 10 minutes a night.

Most fans that think Murray is bad or Melynk is awful read blogs and take everything as fact as for the team not survive keep thinking that.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Although it's not what a lot of us want, you gotta give credit to the organization for refusing to tank and remain competitive.

Competitively mediocre. This signing just further exemplifies that BM is out to lunch - what's the point of it? Let the kids play and get a real idea of what you have going into the draft, then draft or deal to address the needs. Gomez was tearing up the AHL? Yipee.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Say what you want but now that KHL regular season is over I would rather sign someone like our old buddy Stephane Da Costa. Too bad he is busy winning playoff series for CSKA right now. Scored two third period game-winning goals and another late game-tying goal in the first round.

What about Brandon Bochenski? The KHL slayer. That guy would bring us straight to the playoffs. Even better, Linus Omark.

These guys would be good in the NHL.. Oh wait..

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
With the way this team has played since BM became GM, we would not be missed

Well, this team has been average since in its declining and growth phases (rebuild). How is it that dramatic?

You talk like a Habs fan who have 24 Cup titles. The new Era Sens team has 0 tittle :laugh:

What makes Ottawa so special that they should be an elite team year after year?

Ottawa is just a small market team who can hope to catch fire for a while (like they did 2001-2007) and hopefully make the most of it and win a Cup

We have an old senile GM, Our owner is Scrooge, we traded Shane Prince and let go Stefan Da Costa, we signed Scott Gomez, and on top of that we have Mark Borowiecki and Chris Neil playing 10 minutes a night.

Is it the script to an horror movie?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Competitively mediocre. This signing just further exemplifies that BM is out to lunch - what's the point of it? Let the kids play and get a real idea of what you have going into the draft, then draft or deal to address the needs. Gomez was tearing up the AHL? Yipee.

Is it or are some fans out to lunch.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Am I the only person who wants the Sens to make the playoffs now with Gomez playing somewhat meaningful minutes and contributing points with Hammond in nets going 15-4 for no other reason than to see HFB literally explode in to oblivion?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I like it. He's actually been ripping up the AHL with 24pts in 18gp.

For a temporary band-aid, this works pretty well for our current situation.

I'm trying to think where he'll slot in.

According to a Blues fan...
He's terrible defensively and you have to use him properly, but he's still effective. Needs to be a on a 'scoring' line with shooters. Apparently looked quite good with Fabbri, but would look terrible on that line that Berglund is playing now.

So, maybe all we need to do is put Prince on his wing... oh wait :sarcasm:

Seriously though, depending on whether Lazar is hurt or not... I don't see this as being a huge deal especially since we only have 12 healthy forwards presently, and really no one in Bingo to call up.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What about Brandon Bochenski? The KHL slayer. That guy would bring us straight to the playoffs. Even better, Linus Omark.

These guys would be good in the NHL.. Oh wait..

Or someone like Artemi Panarin. :nod:
I think this time of year and this position presents good opportunity to try some KHL talent.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Wow, some people. Complain about Lazar being rushed into the NHL but have no problem doing that with Paul.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Good move. I would rather have some guys slotted in their correct position (IE: Lazar on the wing) and develop where they need to be than have a mismatch due to injury. None of our guys in the AHL were tearing it up and do not deserve to be with the big club.

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Paul-Lazar-Chiasson
Dzingel-Gomez-Neil

This last quarter of the season should be good :laugh:

I raise you

Hoff - Zibby - Ryan
Dzingel - Gomez - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Chiasson
Paul - Lazar - Neil

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Like I said. Not what a lot of us want.

No one likes losing; BM won't be in control of this team long enough to reap the benefits of a potential tank anyway. Who knows if that fact is weighing on his mind and influencing decisions like this signing. I tend to think BM is making decisions for the long term good of the team rather than the more selfish route of desperately trying to win right now. I guess he just wants more insulation down the middle with Smith still playing wing.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Or someone like Artemi Panarin. :nod:

Ya ok bud. haha

It's not wrong to give a try to some KHL guys though but I don't think there's any problem with giving Gomez a try. He's been good and he has played in the NHL this year and has respectable numbers for the role he plays.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
MacArthurs recent news about how he is not ready probably made Murray sign Gomez.

If MacArthur came back, we could have put Mac on the 2nd line and moved Smith back down to the center position in the bottom 6.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Well, this team has been average since in its declining and growth phases (rebuild). How is it that dramatic?

You talk like a Habs fan who have 24 Cup titles. The new Era Sens team has 0 tittle :laugh:

What makes Ottawa so special that they should be an elite team year after year?

Ottawa is just a small market team who can hope to catch fire for a while (like they did 2001-2007) and hopefully make the most of it and win a Cup

I don't need Ottawa to be elite every year. I simply want to watch a team get better over time... Address weaknesses, have a system, get better at puck possession.

Hire a stable coach and not a new one every other year. I've watched BM Fire Paddock, Clouston, Hartsburgh and McLean... And now our 5th coach during his tenure is looking like garbage

It's a joke

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
MacArthurs recent news about how he is not ready probably made Murray sign Gomez.

If MacArthur came back, we could have put Mac on the 2nd line and moved Smith back down to the center position in the bottom 6.

That's my thinking too. With Mac not passing his baseline, I'd tell him to pack it in for the season already. Smith has to stay on wing with no Milo available to us anymore.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Finally! Management shows they are committed to doing whatever it takes to win the cup.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I feel like some people will never be satisfied. We could win a Stanley Cup, lose players like Chicago did and they'd whine about losing the players all year long.

This move does almost nothing. There's no risk here. How could you NOT like it?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
That's my thinking too. With Mac not passing his baseline, I'd tell him to pack it in for the season already. Smith has to stay on wing with no Milo available to us anymore.

Plus the fact that Smith actually looks like a solid middle six forward as a winger...

But you have to consider 12 healthy forwards to start last night, and potentially two of them got dinged up (Stone and Lazar). Maybe they play Thursday but still good to have someone available in case not. Especially since we play both Saturday and Sunday this weekend too.

I wonder about running Paul/Chiasson-Gomez-Puempel and Dzingel-Lazar-Neil?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I feel like some people will never be satisfied. We could win a Stanley Cup, lose players like Chicago did and they'd whine about losing the players all year long.

This move does almost nothing. There's no risk here. How could you NOT like it?

Turris is done Clark did not pass his test so he likely is done Stone hurt his hand we don't know how bad.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Devil fans say that he was actually good for them when he played for them.

So do Blues fans.

Basically it's use him in the offensive zone, minimize his time in the defensive zone and you'll be happy.
But you need him to play with a shooter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad