Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Justin Falk. 1 year, 2 way

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't know. He's been Ok at best in spurts. This guy shouldn't be a regular on this team. Just like Boro. Also, there is only so many 7th Ds you can have. It's either him or Boro on this team once Boro comes back.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
With all 3 recent additions on the back end clearly being better options, gonna be hard to justify to the unbiased inserting Boro back into the lineup...similar situation for Pyatt

Reactions: derriko

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
And having guys like this on the team helps calm the rest of the d down which in turn helps calm the team down.
Boro is the opposite and has the opposite effect.

He’s valuable so far

yea exactly, Boro is a bit more physical but he's a loose cannon out there while Falk can still play within the confines of a system game and not be out of position.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well the only guy he maybe deserves to play over is Elliott. Other than that he doesn't deserve to play over anyone else

I wouldn't even give him that. If we go with 7 D , I'd rather have Elliott in case we need the offense

Reactions: DJB

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There are so many AHL defenceman who are better than Boro. And Boro is still an assistant captain and a foundational piece on this NHL team.

Crooked management.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Falk knows his role & plays within it, I hope he decides tonight would be a good opportunity to play a very physical game against the stinking Habs, a hated rival. Boro has a contract going into next season while I think Falk will not be re-signed by Ottawa unless it is as a two way contract & he starts the yr in Belleville next yr. Elliott is another guy who is probably a career minor league player who is an injury callup & may or may not get re-signed.

IMO Ottawa has five decent young defencemen who all need some time to mature & learn how to play well defensively in the NHL in Chabot, Lajoie, Harpur, Jaros & Ceci. Wolanin is in the same category but I'm not sure what they will do with him, he could be a decent trading piece too & JBD should be coming at some future point. I assume they will re-sign Ceci but if they don't they will certainly need to replace him with an upgrade, if possible.

To Washington: Christian Wolanin LD
To Ottawa: Madison Bowey RD

Chabot - Jaros
Lajoie - Ceci
Harpur - Bowey/Boro

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This team is still far too soft for my liking. We need some 3rd line forwards that other teams fear to play against. Big bangers and mash! We also need some big Ds who play big and tough in front of the net. Not just tall pylons of fuzziness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad