Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Gabriel Gagne to 3 year ELC

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Neat.

Seriously though, it would be good to see him in the AHL. (I think he can go there... someone confirm?)

He's the type of player that seems like he would work better in a pro system than in junior, where it looks like he coasts on being bigger (or at least taller) than everyone. Put him in a league where he has to work hard on every shift and see if he can make the adjustment.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Neat.

Seriously though, it would be good to see him in the AHL. (I think he can go there... someone confirm?)

He's the type of player that seems like he would work better in a pro system than in junior, where it looks like he coasts on being bigger (or at least taller) than everyone. Put him in a league where he has to work hard on every shift and see if he can make the adjustment.

He is eligible to go to the AHL.
Born Nov 11 1996 (19 currently)

No players drafted out of the CHL are eligible to play in the AHL until they are 20-years old (they must be 20 by December 31 of the year the season starts).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I still think he plays in the Q, which I disagree with personally though I know that's an against the grain opinion on him.

He will be fine playing as a 20, just extremely odd as such a high pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he is supposed to go back the Q ... that was my impression.

I would like to see him in Bingo. I am not sure what would be holding him back.
(Strength, Stamina, Speed, Maturity...) ?

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Let him dominate the QMJHL. Last season was a bit of a disappointment with his injuries and medicore performance.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Perfect promotion for Gabriel's pizza. Every time Gabriel scores ever fan gets a free slice from Gabriel's.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
My guess is that they aren't sending him back now. I think he's going AHL. I guess they feel he's shown enough with his summer training and rookie camp.

I stand corrected:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/779466626886426624

Looks like he is going back to junior, and getting paid more to do it...

So, my french is rusty, but is that saying Ottawa will pay him a QMJHL salary of $10k, along with that $200k bonus? I didn't know NHL teams could also pay a"junior" salary.....

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I believe in his draft interview he said that he liked playing a game in front of the net.
I hope that's what he spends time doing in junior this year... Using his size and strength and learning to be a net front presence guy.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So, my french is rusty, but is that saying Ottawa will pay him a QMJHL salary of $10k, along with that $200k bonus? I didn't know NHL teams could also pay a"junior" salary.....

I vaguely remember hearing a while back that NHL teams could pay junior players under contract 10k. But, I can't find any reference to it so I might be imagining it.

Pretty sure at the very least he gets his 92.5K signing bonus regardless of where he plays. When his contract slides, he just won't get 92.5K in the final year which by then will be year 4 of what was originally a 3 year deal.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I'm rooting for the kid and hope that he proves the team right for trading up to draft him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hey....the kid is a southpaw. Seems we have a lot of kids on the roster that are left-handed.

maybe it's just me, but i'm noticing a lot more left handed weirdos around lately. ;)
is it possible there are more left handed people now? I don't want to fall into a right handed minority group, so if there is something that needs to be done to prevent this i'd like to get on it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
maybe it's just me, but i'm noticing a lot more left handed weirdos around lately. ;)
is it possible there are more left handed people now? I don't want to fall into a right handed minority group, so if there is something that needs to be done to prevent this i'd like to get on it.

You should probably practice writing with your left hand then. If you can't beat them, join them.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I believe in his draft interview he said that he liked playing a game in front of the net.
I hope that's what he spends time doing in junior this year... Using his size and strength and learning to be a net front presence guy.

Our D men need to be a net front presence too! In our own end they need to rule there.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

Ever since society turned soft and stopped breaking their left hands to force them to write with their rights, it's all gone downhill, man.

Slippery ****ing slope.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I think he is supposed to go back the Q ... that was my impression.

I would like to see him in Bingo. I am not sure what would be holding him back.
(Strength, Stamina, Speed, Maturity...) ?

Looks like they're splitting the difference - he's been assigned to Wichita

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes