Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Djibril Toure to ELC

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We have our own ex-Costco employee story-like!!!

I'm sure *Router* could also be violent in the NHL while getting wrecked defensively!

Then we'll be able to ask a 1st + 2nd in return :cool:

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
With the proper coaching and lots of time in the AHL, we might have a player here.

Has all the tools.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
djibriltoure.jpg

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Always cool to find some free assets through camp invites. I hope the guy can have a great development year.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
10 pts in his first 15 games, then 6 in the last 42... not sure what to make of that,

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cowen was big and mobile once.
I'll never be fooled again.
I mean, Cowen did have hip issues and never looked the same after the injury in Belleville. He didn't have the hockey IQ to adapt to his mobility being compromised, but he probably would have had a decent career had he stayed healthy. His first season paired with Gonchar was pretty promising.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I mean, Cowen did have hip issues and never looked the same after the injury in Belleville. He didn't have the hockey IQ to adapt to his mobility being compromised, but he probably would have had a decent career had he stayed healthy. His first season paired with Gonchar was pretty promising.
Yeah hip thing was unfortunate, but it was never going to make much of a difference long term with his lack of brain function.

Reactions: Laphroaig

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Safe to say I’m happy. Glad the Sens saw at least a little bit of what I saw last year. We really needed more talent on the right side of our defensive prospect pool, so made a lot of sense.

He may never be a crazy offensive guy, but he is going to give it his all when he is on the ice, is a great personality in the room, has great defensive potential and is MEAN.

I hope he still goes back to Sudbury as an overager, i‘d like to see him get more offensive reps - they have a legit chance at being a very good team this season and he’d be a leader on that squad.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Goddamn I've been busy this week and I guess I missed he was even at our dev camp!!!!

As a Sudbury lad and Wolves fan this is a fantastic signing for the Sens!! LOL I had no idea who this guy was when i saw him last year, he seemingly came out of nowhere on both the Wolves and now the Sens.... but he is absolutely noticeable out there between his size and skating.

He's not gonna be Chara. And I'm not saying that. But the similarities are striking if you ask me - the difference being is that at the same age, Toure is a dominant skater... like so clearly he has the size and skating to be elite at hockey one day down the road, with good coaching and development. Chara looked like a giraffe on ice, fwiw.

It will take a huge amount of work to get him there. But I wouldn't be suprised whatsoever if this guy was a legit top 4d man in 5 or 6 years from now.

It's gonna be a long, slow road to get there though.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Interesting project player. If he can learn to defend well, with the wheels, could become a good defensive / PK defenseman. Great wheels for someone that size would mean he could be a good player if he can learn how to hockey. Sounds like a guy who maybe didn't take hockey seriously until an older age and is unrefined and relatively inexperienced.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The Angel Djibril Toure is a nice free wallet by the Sens. A 6’7” D who can skate - might take a minute but he has intriguing toolsets, hope he continues his hard work, he has had a nice trajectory in the past few years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nice to see a camp kid get a contract. That's one of those things that gives inspiration to other young guys who are off the radar to keep working on their dream.

If nothing else, he's looks like he could develop into a nice asset for Belleville for a long time. And that is worth something. Having good players on the farm and keeping the competition up (and protecting the kids) will definitely help Ottawa down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad