Confirmed with Link: Sens Sign D Troy Rutkowski to ELC

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
As I said in the trade rumour thread. Brilliant signing. I know a friend who watched the Winterhawks and he raves about this kid so much. An overager but this guy is a leader who drops the gloves when he has to, is very physical and has a brilliant shot.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Uh... awesome. Why the heck didn't Colorado sign this guy? He's a quality prospect with some upside as a 4/5. That organization baffles me. There's our 6th round pick back from the Kassian deal. It took less than 24 hours.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Uh... awesome. Why the heck didn't Colorado sign this guy? He's a quality prospect with some upside as a 4/5. That organization baffles me. There's our 6th round pick back from the Kassian deal. It took less than 24 hours.

That was my first thought. I thought he might have been injured or something but he's played over 230 consecutive games.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Awesome! I've seen this guy 3-5 times this year and always came away impressed.

I have no idea why he wasnt signed...maybe a late bloomer?

I can't remember the exact pairings, but I think he plays with Jones or Pouliot. He could probably play with Ceci since he's similar to Pouliot I believe.

He seems like he could be a solid all around 2nd or 3rd pairing guy.

He actually looks bigger than 6"1' to me. He definentely plays his size or maybe even bigger.

I don't know if he will make it to bingo this year as Portland is a top 2-3 team in the whole CHL so they will probably go pretty deep in the mem cup.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
All of a sudden Bingo could have six defencemen that are right shots next season ... Ceci, Sdao, Fransoo, Gryba, Wideman, Rutkowski ... although my guess is Gryba sticks in Ottawa but who knows we all thought Borocop would start the season in Ottawa & now he is dropped down the depth chart. I believe Sustr is a right shot too.

We can't say the Murrays don't respond, they have consistently done something whatever the need has come up.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Yeah, or you could have him AND the 6th pick.

This has nothing to do with that trade. It doesn't make up for it (if it needs to be made up for) and doesn't explain it.

All's good but it does show that there are equivalent or better players available elsewhere so using a 6th from 2014 now isn't the end of the world. That 6th round player if he panned out might not be available for 5 years. On top of that the value goes down to a very late 6th if the Sens go great guns next year with everyone back.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Too late, Murray has been fired multiple times!

:sarcasm:

Yeah, or you could have him AND the 6th pick.

This has nothing to do with that trade. It doesn't make up for it (if it needs to be made up for) and doesn't explain it.

lol some people really have nothing to worry about.

You will stop caring when people around you start dying.

When the Sens are short on (quality) prospects and will have a hard time reaching the 50 contracts limit, let me know and I'll start to think about it. Until then, it's just stupid to even talk about it.

It's like whining at your wife because she spent 20$ on an useless thing, the day after you won 20 millions in the lotto.

Last edited:

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I like the signing a lot, but people probably shouldn't be getting their hopes up about this guy. A lot of overage CHL players look really good, but they rarely look good in the NHL. His point totals stagnated between his age 17-19 seasons (although his PIMs went down which is good), then went up a lot this year, probably because he's an overager.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00