Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Cole Schneider to 2 year contract

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
I think he plays a game or two for us before the season ends. Butler and Winchester played for us for a few games after they were signed. Gives a chance to rest a player for a few games if we need it. Murray loves his college players.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I think he plays a game or two for us before the season ends. Butler and Winchester played for us for a few games after they were signed. Gives a chance to rest a player for a few games if we need it. Murray loves his college players.

For Butler there was an agreement to give him a game to cut his ELC by one year I memory serves me right.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Another article about Cole

http://section6.goalline.ca/news.php?news_id=516622

cole_schneider.jpg

The dedication, and passion, which was instilled in Cole, has paid off as he was the leading scorer as a freshman for the Huskies.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

This guy doesn't seem to have the profile to get NHL games as part of the deal. He put up good numbers in college, but the AHA isn't the greatest conference.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Cole has worked very hard to get to where he is at this point in his life, just like his sister, Tara, who was a Division I swimmer at Binghamton
is this the same Binghamton or a different one?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I feel like I have to add, here, that the AHA is BY FAR the worst Div-1 NCAA conference in hockey.

His stats look good, but it's like comparing QMJHL scoring stats to OHL scoring stats. I'm obviously rooting for the kid to do well in our system, don't get me wrong, but considering which league he got his points in, I'm skeptical that it will translate in a higher league.

All that being said, welcome to the Sens, Schneid! Best of luck.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like I have to add, here, that the AHA is BY FAR the worst Div-1 NCAA conference in hockey.

His stats look good, but it's like comparing QMJHL scoring stats to OHL scoring stats. I'm obviously rooting for the kid to do well in our system, don't get me wrong, but considering which league he got his points in, I'm skeptical that it will translate in a higher league.

Was going to say this. Has UConn ever produced a NHLer?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why would we sign him if we don't think he could be somewhat useful?

I'm sure they think he's going to be useful. I'm just tempering my expectations, knowing the type of weak competition he's faced so far. They obviously think his game will translate well against more elite players.

We'll see.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm sure they think he's going to be useful. I'm just tempering my expectations, knowing the type of weak competition he's faced so far. They obviously think his game will translate well against more elite players.

We'll see.

Yeah, should be interesting to follow him. He seemingly has a nice toolbox.

UConn has produced 1 NHL player. Todd Krygier, for anyone interested. Its nice to see the Murrays are still proactive in finding prospects from untraditional markets. Now find us a defenseman.

Uncle Eugene

Buckle Up.
Mar 19, 2010
Barbados
Yeah, should be interesting to follow him. He seemingly has a nice toolbox.

UConn has produced 1 NHL player. Todd Krygier, for anyone interested. Its nice to see the Murrays are still proactive in finding prospects from untraditional markets. Now find us a defenseman.

If he's anywhere near as productive as Krygier we would be doing well.

Temper your expectations, but realize that if he even plays an NHL game we have made out alright.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hopefully Murray can finally find a gem as he has struck out big time with our Collge signings. Winchester and Butler are terrible.

I want more Penner, McDonald, Glencross, Boyle etc...

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Hopefully Murray can finally find a gem as he has struck out big time with our Collge signings. Winchester and Butler are terrible.

I want more Penner, McDonald, Glencross, Boyle etc...
That is the thing... We might have to sign 8-10 of these guys before we find a rough cut diamond. Remember that this is the nature of unsigned college players and there is a reason they didn't get drafted in the first place.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site

You're right, the AHA doesn't have the tons of elite level talent that say the WCHA does. Which BTW, includes Minnesota, Denver, North Dakota and the reigning national champs Minnesota-Duluth.

Having said that, the AHA is beginning to bring in more and more talented players, a number of whom are late bloomers. Cole Schneider is a great example here. And BTW, he's a terrific player to watch. ;)

Here's some food for thought for all of you...

Nearly two years ago, Vancouver signed a young man named Chris Tanev. He played for an Atlantic Hockey school - RIT to be exact. From what I understand, Chris is doing really well with the Canucks organization. Could Cole Schneider be another "hidden gem"? We shall see.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
You're right, the AHA doesn't have the tons of elite level talent that say the WCHA does. Which BTW, includes Minnesota, Denver, North Dakota and the reigning national champs Minnesota-Duluth.

Having said that, the AHA is beginning to bring in more and more talented players, a number of whom are late bloomers. Cole Schneider is a great example here. And BTW, he's a terrific player to watch. ;)

Here's some food for thought for all of you...

Nearly two years ago, Vancouver signed a young man named Chris Tanev. He played for an Atlantic Hockey school - RIT to be exact. From what I understand, Chris is doing really well with the Canucks organization. Could Cole Schneider be another "hidden gem"? We shall see.

IIRC I read somewhere it came down to us and Vancouver for Tanev?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad