Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Chad Nehring

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Reading up on him....just turned 29 and 5'11 200 lbs, a decent ECHL level centre who had a good AHL season last year with 22 goals and 26 assists. AHL depth all the way.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I went to high school with a guy named Chad. I loaned him two dollars to get fries at the cafeteria once.

I know that was a random and irrelevant anecdote, but "random and irrelevant" probably best describes Chad Nehring's future with the Ottawa Senators, so I thought it was a fitting tribute to this future ex-Sen

*EDIT*

Chad Nehring's is totally going to be awesome, you guys. Game changer. Late bloomer. All around good guy. Donates to several charities, and once risked drowning to save a dog's life.

I can't believe Tampa wasted all that money on Stamkos, when they could have had Nehring.

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Guy who pulled his way out of the ECHL to bet a good AHLer. I like this as a vet AHL move

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hartford's leading scorer last year. Came pretty much out of nowhere to do it. He fights occasionally too. Too old but doing **** like that takes some grit and determination. A character guy.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I went to high school with a guy named Chad. I loaned him two dollars to get fries at the cafeteria once.

I know that was a random and irrelevant anecdote, but "random and irrelevant" probably best describes Chad Nehring's future with the Ottawa Senators, so I thought it was a fitting tribute to this future ex-Sen.

Well, that was negative.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm amazed how much some of these guys are getting to play in the AHL. Seems to be a few Bingo contracts floating around $275-300k.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
I'm amazed how much some of these guys are getting to play in the AHL. Seems to be a few Bingo contracts floating around $275-300k.

How could you not?

Ottawa's NHL pipeline is relatively diverse and deep, I would agree with most here that it is underrated. Nevertheless, drafted prospects will play in Europe, NCAA or CHL, and undoubtedly at different stages of their development will reach the AHL/NHL at different stages. Great to have your 'pipeline prospects' take ownership over your AHL team, but there may not be many on the roster depending on the year and time. If the Sens are going to keep or send down a high calibre prospect to get some work, that team should have that stability to provide a conducive environment to learn. You do that by getting veteran AHLers and you have to pay for that kind of stability (environment).

-----Side Bar
Paying for stability is what Murray did with MacArthur. You needed a veteran leader to help drive the team as more young talent comes aboard. Murray acquired Phaneuf for the same reasons (in my mind) because Chabot, Englund, Harpur, Jaros, and Claesson could all see NHL time in the next 2 years. Undoubtedly in a long-term re-build (because this was one), there will be bridge players until more of the youth is ready. Looking at the roster, that's probably Borowiecki, Wideman, Claesson, Methot on D, and Neil, Turris, Smith, Puempel. It will be tougher to make room at forward, trades are inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad