Confirmed with Link: Sens reassign Bierk and promote Justin Peters

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Dorion? Hiring someone who isn't very good and then proceed to not replace him after poor results?

Unthinkable!

Soogard is our future in nets and has been great in Belleville. This move makes a lot of sense.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I like this move . I don't think Bierk helped any goalie in Ottawa after Dorion brought him in to fix Murray and reassigned Pierre Groulx,

Murray was working on rebuilding his game when Dorion acquired him.

Bierk was a DJ guy.

With how Sogaard has performed in Belleville, it makes sense to give Peters a shot. Idk that goaltender coach is the, or an issue, but the change can't hurt (famous last words...).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Called it

Dec 20 2023 . Beat that.
Should Zach Bierk's performance be scrutinized. He came in as a DJ guy, when Matt Murray disappointed out of the gate. Now Murray was traded for while he was in the midst of trying to rebuild his game making changes to his style. Petty Pete Dorion could not live with that and replaced his goalie coach Pierre Groulx with Bierk. Since then how have our goalies fared?

Reactions: SensHulk

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I’m ready for our goalies to stop looking super inconsistent and then solid as soon as they are playing for other teams. Obviously team defence plays a role in that but at some point you need to take a closer look at the goalie coach.

Crawling out of this rebuild has to start from the goalie out. Hopefully this is another step in the right direction.

Reactions: Senscore

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Who's mad at this? There's no basis in reality for anyone being mad about this lol. Dogshit goaltending all year and, even worse, way underperforming on a fairly pedestrian expected goals against number.
I think you misinterpreted the post.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Who's mad at this? There's no basis in reality for anyone being mad about this lol. Dogshit goaltending all year and, even worse, way underperforming on a fairly pedestrian expected goals against number.
I'm not mad at this. But I don't like it. It feels like rearranging chairs. A lateral move.

Now, if Sogaard gets lit up in this latest stint, they gonna fire the new goaltending coach?

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They need to get rid of Forsberg & replace him with Sogaard who is already as good. Just not sure if there is any market for Forsberg, hopefully some other team loses a goalie or two & are desperate.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Forsberg is injured, so Sogaard slides in and gets some action. He has paid his dues and deserves the chance. Next man/goalie up situation. I think expectations will be high from some. Have to hope for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00