Confirmed with Link: Sens re-sign Erik Brannstrom (1 year, 2 million)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Bad start.

Term is fine, and I think that will be the theme for today with the cap for 24-25 rumoured to be 88M. I don’t think he is a 2M player, but he is welcome to prove me wrong as he played well down the stretch

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Didn't think he'd get that much. Kinda feels like his last season with us anyway.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A touch high, but not bad. Only one year. Could aos be a good insurance rental for someone at the deadline.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's possible that not everyone understands that Brannstrom is quality because of his smaller stature and the fact that he gets outmuscled in the corners and in front of the net but he is so much better than a guy like Hamonic for example (whose numbers below are not disastrous for having played with Sanderson)... only non-updated people (Dorion? DJ?) would think the opposite

1687090656435-png.718991

At that price it should have been 2 years... So next year, as he gets more expensive, it will reduce his trade value because the team acquiring him would have to sign him long term for more money... instead of trading him with 1 year left

Oh well, my expectations are non-existant. As long as this regime is in place, I don't get my hopes up that good things will happen. Sort of like just waiting for it to end so we could maybe maximize the rest of our window

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I like this deal. Another year of show me. I would have liked to see it lower but from a value perspective I think an everyday D even on the 3rd pair is worth 2.4% of the cap.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd have liked to see a 2nd year to bring down the cap hit a touch, but this is fine.

I'm curious to see who we end up with as his partner, I think his season, and usage, will be very much based on that.

If our 6th D is JBD or some other rookie/AHL tweener that DJ keeps a short leash on, I don't see Brannstrom having a great season. If we have a more known commodity that DJ trusts and isn't a liability, I thing the 3rd pair could be a strength.

I suppose it's also possible Kleven has a bit of a breakout camp and we run with 5 LHD, he'd be a great foil to Brannstrom on a bottom pair aside from the two LHD issue.

Reactions: Cosmix

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
So… okay? I’m perplexed by the AAV. Did he have an offensive breakout that I missed and only PD saw?

That being said, I’m actually hoping he has a great year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So… okay? I’m perplexed by the AAV. Did he have an offensive breakout that I missed and only PD saw?
His defensive play took a pretty significant step forward last year, and his on ice metrics are very strong.

If he had the offensive production, he'd have gotten significantly more, and likely a multi year deal.

He can in a touch higher than I expected (I was guessing 2 years at 1.4-1.6) but for a one year deal, this isn't too surprising.

1688221505378.png

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
A little confused how he got what seems to me like the very high end on value, and also got 1 year.
Was hoping to get value on a 2 year deal that gave us flexibility.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's a little higher than I expected. Majority of his closest comparable players are more like 1.4-1.5M. Guess it's fine.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It's possible that not everyone understands that Brannstrom is quality because of his smaller stature and the fact that he gets outmuscled in the corners and in front of the net but he is so much better than a guy like Hamonic for example (whose numbers below are not disastrous for having played with Sanderson)... only non-updated people (Dorion? DJ?) would think the opposite

1687090656435-png.718991

At that price it should have been 2 years... So next year, as he gets more expensive, it will reduce his trade value because the team acquiring him would have to sign him long term for more money... instead of trading him with 1 year left

Oh well, my expectations are non-existant. As long as this regime is in place, I don't get my hopes up that good things will happen. Sort of like just waiting for it to end so we could maybe maximize the rest of our window
Doesn’t he have 2 more years until UFA after this upcoming season ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's a little higher than I expected. Majority of his closest comparable players are more like 1.4-1.5M. Guess it's fine.
The team has made it clear they like his game more than the folks around here,

Dorion mentioned a while ago he really likes Brannstrom as the teams #5 D, they also signaled the expectation is him and JBD are projected as the 3rd pair unless something changes.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
1G 6A with a +4 in his last 11 games. When he is confident he plays well.

I’d be worried with a stat line of 2G 16A and +5 on our team his arb might come in above 2M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad