Post-Game Talk: SENS & PENS, Monday in Halifax 6pm. (TSN5)

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
It’s not encouraging that Kelly was not amongst those put on waivers and Bailey has not yet been released from his PTO.

Hopefully it’s just bodies for the next preseason game.
Well if they are trying to make room for Pinto by going with a 20 man squad then releasing Bailey means squat right now.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Josh Bailey isn't going to get much more than league minimum if he is signed.

Which ever 2-3 depth players make the roster is almost irrelevant to the cap since they all make in the same 775k-900k range. It's money in/money out.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Tarasenko will have a solid year. I expect 30+40 and would be pleasantly surprised if he scores higher.
unless he is getting top pp unit time (which he should) and top line deployment i doubt he is hitting 70 points

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It would be kind of funny if the Pens once again missed the playoffs. Karlsson would then have decided to go to two teams that were on the downswing. I feel like Karlsson just chose the Pens just because he saw Crosby and Malkin and totally ignored their bad bottom 6 and questionable goaltending.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
It would be kind of funny if the Pens once again missed the playoffs. Karlsson would then have decided to go to two teams that were on the downswing. I feel like Karlsson just chose the Pens just because he saw Crosby and Malkin and totally ignored their bad bottom 6 and questionable goaltending.
Will be nice when they retain half to move him to Ottawa.

• Love
Reactions: Adele Dazeem

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
karlsson didnt have many options

Pens were probably his only real option

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I didn’t like the fact that the Sens were outshot by a wide margin but I was impressed with the Kor-pedo’s shutout and the win.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Accepting the caveat that pre-season means nothing, really a lot of positives to take away from that game, including the unfamiliar feeling of having a goalie that will actually bail you out reliably. Really hope he can keep that up, will do a lot for the team.

Reactions: DrEasy

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Accepting the caveat that pre-season means nothing, really a lot of positives to take away from that game, including the unfamiliar feeling of having a goalie that will actually bail you out reliably. Really hope he can keep that up, will do a lot for the team.
Yeah if Korpi has a good year and the defence stays healthy, I don’t see how they miss the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Felt very much like a bend don't break game, pens did get some chances but generally we did well to limit second chances and high quality chances.

Reactions: DrEasy and maclean

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That and apparently Dubas was the only GM willing to eat that much of the contract

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
Pens had 6 PP’s, Ottawa had zero.
Five PPs. One was a double. It was pretty obvious that the Pengoons were supposed to win. So many soft calls against the Sens, especially the tripping call against Stu and so many whistles omitted against Pitt.

I still think we were the better team despite what the stats say. Our offensive chances were higher quality. Batherson was amazing.

Reactions: DrEasy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I'd say both Batherson and Chabot are looking good in these exhibition games. They seem to have their games pointed in the right direction.

Korpisalo looked good.

I hope they don't keep Bailey and give one of the younger players a shot, or rotate a few of them in and out of the lineup. For example, I didn't know much about Highmore, but I noticed him along with a few others & thought they could at least fill some gaps when called upon.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Five PPs. One was a double. It was pretty obvious that the Pengoons were supposed to win. So many soft calls against the Sens, especially the tripping call against Stu and so many whistles omitted against Pitt.

I still think we were the better team despite what the stats say. Our offensive chances were higher quality. Batherson was amazing.
Still 6 minors was the whole point, 12 minutes of PK time.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I'd say both Batherson and Chabot are looking good in these exhibition games. They seem to have their games pointed in the right direction.

Korpisalo looked good.

I hope they don't keep Bailey and give one of the younger players a shot, or rotate a few of them in and out of the lineup. For example, I didn't know much about Highmore, but I didn't notice him along with a few others & thought they could at least fill some gaps when called upon.

Batherson looks like he’s back to pre-Dell form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad