Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ Oilers, Saturday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
McDavid & Draisaitl are probably salivating at the opportunity to boost their point totals. They usually feast on the Senators from what remember of previous games.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
After 9 days off in early Feb (1st-9th), the Sens continue to get royally screwed on the schedule:

Feb. - 10 games in 20 days
Mar. - 16 games in 31 days
April - 8 games in 16 days.

Thank you, NHL.

(Although this could help obtain a high draft pick.)

The Sens started the season with like 75% of their games at home and some breaks in between. It was a massive opportunity to start of the year on the right foot. The schedule was actually very favourable this year.

You can't complain about the schedule all the time. This team has a great opportunity when this season started. They didn't take advantage and now going into the more busy period. Not the leagues fault.

Reactions: Senscore

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
The Sens started the season with like 75% of their games at home and some breaks in between. It was a massive opportunity to start of the year on the right foot. The schedule was actually very favourable this year.

You can't complain about the schedule all the time. This team has a great opportunity when this season started. They didn't take advantage and now going into the more busy period. Not the leagues fault.

You're treating this as a black/white issue.
I never said that that's the only issue.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm fully expecting a loss, but can we at least make it a high scoring affair on both sides?

Pretty please?
I would like to see a strong game without the puck, limiting Oiler's scoring chances significantly. However, I don't think the new coaching staff has had the coaching time required to teach them how to play such a game. The players as individuals do not seem to know how to play without the puck. We need a task master as coach to teach them and hold them accountable.

Every game I watch now is to just see if the team is still on life support or if this baby can graduate out of diapers and maybe take a step towards growing up.

I’d rather have Crosby then McDavid for this team
Not me.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
This is going to be a bloodbath. Thank God I didn't buy tickets to this game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
McDavid is younger so him.

With respect to this season only…also him.

We’re not going anywhere anyway so why not watch him score 150 points.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Devil's advocate, but... Crosby plays like a grinder but has elite skill, he's a solid leader with multiple cups so he knows what it takes to win.
Messier: I look at Sidney Crosby, who's been one of my favourite players since he came into the league. You know, the dynamic open-ice player that he is, but [also] probably the best corner man in the league. He plays down low, plays inside, plays in the paint — he could have played in any era. I love his dedication, his commitment, the way he's handled his career.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

No actually it's pretty widely known that our schedule is FUBAR this season. Even if we had a good start I don't see how the later months wouldn't have hurt our playoff chances.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
No actually it's pretty widely known that our schedule is FUBAR this season. Even if we had a good start I don't see how the later months wouldn't have hurt our playoff chances.

My theory is D'orion ok'ed the crazy schedule with the league to try to have a positive November win wise...

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So Jacques said that Sens lost structure in the last game, and pointed to 2nd Kraken goal as key turning point. That was where 72 took himself outta the play by skating to the boards and let Tatar skate in alone on Korpi.

Will 72 be held accountable for his D-flubs? Benched? Evil eye by Alfie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad