Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ NYIsles, Thursday night, 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I see what you're saying. But this is the very beginning of the season. Guys are in shape, they haven't been battered by the inevitable injuries and fatigue that come with a long season.

I guess then this Islanders game would be the opposite of a trap game simply because we were just fooled and the coaches should have the players prepared to play the full 60 minutes.
I think this plays into exactly how the game was a trap, there was a perceived advantage, even if that perception wasn't accurate, leading to the team taking their opposition lightly.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
who cares who is here or is not.. We cannot do shit about it.

We have 2 games in 3 days and they are critical. It is imperative to win both or as a minimum be; 1-0-1.

After these 2, it is LA and Tampa. In a nightmare scenario, they go 0-4, 1-3, 1-2-1, this season ends by this Saturday or the next.

Their world is; 4 games, 9 days

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully, the players come out with all guns blazing & try & change the narative around the team just a little. Won't be easy the NYI are a tough team to plays against & won't go down without a fight.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
PP bad, PK bad, defense bad, goaltending shaky, offense too frisky – Sens can only improve for the better from here.. correct? CORRECT!? :rolly:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is the least optimistic I have been about a game so far this season. The sens are playing very loose hockey right now and the Islanders really lock it down. Not a good situation.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is the least optimistic I have been about a game so far this season. The sens are playing very loose hockey right now and the Islanders really lock it down. Not a good situation.
They sure did lock it down allowing 15 goals and 40+ shots a game over the last three games.

That said, this has the makings of a trap, they'll be wanting to get back to their bread and butter...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They sure did lock it down allowing 15 goals and 40+ shots a game over the last three games.

That said, this has the makings of a trap, they'll be wanting to get back to their bread and butter...
So you havent been watching them for the last 5 years I guess? Sorokin sucks now too. Debrincat is going to break gretzkys goal record etc.

I hope you are right but I havent forgot how hard it is to score and win in that building and I dont think that has all of a sudden changed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Reactions: Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad