OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Same, two walks per day in this wet weather and the poor white dog needs his paws washed. Poor guy knows the drill, open the garage, go downstairs and into the wash tub, then blow dry the paws….otherwise the warden(wife) freaks about the footprints the little guy leaves.
Worst part is that the groomers have limited availability even when you book ahead. I booked my appointment for next Friday back in April lol. The groomers I go to are amazing, but they prioritize a healthy work life balance so they don't work after 4:30. I respect and admire that, but they're always full so the doodle will have a few more baths this week

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Worst part is that the groomers have limited availability even when you book ahead. I booked my appointment for next Friday back in April lol. The groomers I go to are amazing, but they prioritize a healthy work life balance so they don't work after 4:30. I respect and admire that, but they're always full so the doodle will have a few more baths this week
I hear that, but man, you think that's bad, you can't get a vet for a new animal in the Yukon anymore. We had 3 and now only have 2 vet clinics that are so overwhelmed, they've closed their doors to any new pets, even those for existing clients. Can't get them spayed or nutured. It's nuts. Saw some peeps on facebook the other day asking and were told they will need to travel to BC or Alberta for any vet services.

• Wow
Reactions: maclean

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
CO2 is NOT “Carbon Pollution” no matter what the Drama Teacher tells you.

I hope in my twilight years I have more to do with my time than spend it arguing on the internet with strangers trying to convince myself that the general scientific consensus is wrong and I'm actually the one who has it right simply because it aligns with my political sports team

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I hear that, but man, you think that's bad, you can't get a vet for a new animal in the Yukon anymore. We had 3 and now only have 2 vet clinics that are so overwhelmed, they've closed their doors to any new pets, even those for existing clients. Can't get them spayed or nutured. It's nuts. Saw some peeps on facebook the other day asking and were told they will need to travel to BC or Alberta for any vet services.
I feel for you mate and can't even fathom the situation you're dealing with when it comes to the animals. Hope the area can get more animal service professions asap.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I feel for you mate and can't even fathom the situation you're dealing with when it comes to the animals. Hope the area can get more animal service professions asap.
Luckily, mine are existing clients lol, but ya, would certainly dictate my decision to ever get another unfortunately.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think it is well established that more than 80% of forest fires are caused by humans, and not climate change.

I actually thought the CO2 was due to natural gas heating because we require it?
Absolutely, Human activity tends to start a lot forest fires, but climate change impacts the conditions that make them more frequent, severe and harder to manage.

As for the 80% number, that's highly dependent on the location (I believe 80% is a US figure), in BC the number is closer to 40% in Ontario it's about 60% and in Canada on average it's nearly half, but fires caused by lightning tend to cause the most damage at almost 70% of land burned on account of lightning started fires. I image that has more to do with lighting hiring more remote areas than those started by human activity.

Wrt the Co2 in Canadian cities that Maher referenced, the report that the number comes from specifically tied it to wild fires,

"In 2023, air quality in Northern America was significantly influenced by extensive Canadian wildfires that raged from May to October, burning an area roughly half the size of Germany," the report explained. "Consequently, 2023 marked the first instance in this report’s history where Canada surpassed the United States in regional pollution rankings."

Reactions: coladin and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hmmm 2 seconds of researching shows me the earliest Canadian city is 22nd.

Good work.
In fairness, it is based on a legitimate study,

Having said that, it specifically addresses why, so there's that....

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I hope in my twilight years I have more to do with my time than spend it arguing on the internet with strangers trying to convince myself that the general scientific consensus is wrong and I'm actually the one who has it right simply because it aligns with my political

The science is never settled…. Like when Galileo refused the consensus of the time, that everything revolved around the earth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
The only thing more dangerous than a 'lack' of information is an 'abundance' of it. Just leads to a group of self-stylized "intellectuals" hooting and hollering at eachother until terms like 'cuck' and 'chud' are adopted into the general lexicon. The internet was a mistake. Society was a mistake.

Give me a heavy club and dark cozy cave and a hairy monkey wife and I'd be happier than I've ever been

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010

laugh-giggle.gif

Reactions: milkbag

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
People reading this as people getting fired really don't know the government.
They clearly said it was going to be done through natural attrition. It's right in the article. Nothing about knowing the gov't, just have to be literate. This isn't the 2014 cuts, and even then the vast majority were handled through retirements.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They clearly said it was going to be done through natural attrition. It's right in the article. Nothing about knowing the gov't, just have to be literate. This isn't the 2014 cuts, and even then the vast majority were handled through retirements.
Yeah, pretty small number to achieve and if PP wins, he will gut the Public Service. It is pretty bloated and the hirings under Trudeau have been massive.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I’m looking at getting a new electric guitar in the not-too-distant future. Likely something mid-range, with some nice grit to it. Any musicians in here who can offer a recommendation or two?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I’m looking at getting a new electric guitar in the not-too-distant future. Likely something mid-range, with some nice grit to it. Any musicians in here who can offer a recommendation or two?
Fender has a Squier series that are drastically cheaper than the real thing and not much worse off for quality. A stratocaster is so versatile and can hit all sorts of tones.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok... Assuming you're talking about electric? nevermind... I'm blind, it's the first thing you said, lol

What style of music are you into (Rock, Metal, Blues, Jazz, ect)? What's the budget?

You can find a wide variety of really good value to quality options on the budget side with companies like Firefly

If the badge matters to you, Squire makes some good mid level stuff, there's also the players series by Fender starting at about 1k. G&L and Schecter offer some great value instruments as well.

As for grit, it kind of depends what you mean. Some people think of telecasters as being gritty, the bridge pickup gets a "gritty" tone compared to a Strat which some find more shrill. Some might think of a guitar with p90s, or a les paul style guitar.

Do want a trem system? They can be fun, but if you're never going to use is, a hardtail has some advantages with tuning stability, and you don't go out of pitch when bending. If you do want a trem, are you looking for something you can dive bomb on (like a floyd rose) or something more modest like a bigsby setup?

Strats and Teles are pretty versatile, you can play most styles of music with them and have no problems, but if you like heavy distortion, something noise cancelling pickups might be a better choice (you can get noise cancelling single coils, or a humbucker on a tele or Strat too).

Last edited:
Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad