Free 30 days with Autopilot for Tesla owners

Drive carefully

1712178022182.png

1712177951644.png

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
winter
Low pressure, pulls in air from the south, it is moisture laden, it mixes with the colder northern air and snow or rain
High pressure, prevents air movement, we rely heavily on solar heating, which at an earth tilt angle of 23 degrees and us far North, means little solar heat and we get cold days.

Summer
Low pressure.. same phenonium as winter, moist southern air rushes in, we get rain when the air saturates and cannot hold all that moisture
High pressure.. No air movement, it gets hot, since the sun is now aiming straight at us and we bake.

Pressure right now 100.3 KPA (Kilo Pascals).. normal at sea is around 101.3.. Ottawa is about 50 M above sea level. So standard pressure is a little less than 101.3.. we are about 1 KPA low.

it will snow and rain until the pressure climbs, and that can only occur when regions around us see elevated pressures and get that air to push towards us. Boston is at 100 so no help from the south east, Buffalo is 999 and is no help from the south west. We have mountains due south, so no help from there.

This will be miserable for 1-2 more days.

Once Quebec tore away (Literally.. Hudson's bay/James bay), It opened a corridor for cold artic air straight on us..

I hate winter.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You guys still have winter? Here we've got dandelions and lilacs blooming already, it's crazy. 19 out right now

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Such a crazy topic but I think we are starting to arrive at some kind of conclusion regarding the existence of a soul. I sound crazy to type that but I think we operate on two levels, one being this earthly corporeal mass that we live in, and something else that possibly exists in this 3d space but in somewhere/something else as well.

Another bit of "woo" theory, I think the progress towards UFO disclosure might be sending us towards a similar hypothesis

And no I don't smoke weed. This is a bizarre existence. Stranger than fiction

Really? You're talking about conclusions, but I haven't seen any sound evidence.

Has a doctor ever pointed to a soul? Is it a physical thing?

Almost every scientist or doctor makes mention of how we have no evidence about a soul...it's just part of the brain that we're attributing as a "soul".

I'm surprised you said the word "conclusion" when were nowhere near any conclusion.

We're still trying to gather any type of evidence that we can reproduce and test and study in a lab. These really nothing.

So I'm not sure how anyone can conclude anything here.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

2 cars for the win.

Had to take my GFs SUV with winter tires to hockey yesterday... I probably would have been fine in my RWD with performance summer tires, but decided to play it safe.

Switching to the all seasons that came with the car today though.

So no more snow storms please.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
2 cars for the win.

Had to take my GFs SUV with winter tires to hockey yesterday... I probably would have been fine in my RWD with performance summer tires, but decided to play it safe.

Switching to the all seasons that came with the car today though.

So no more snow storms please.
All-seasons can handle this stuff reasonably well

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Especially with AWD.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks awd will help them stop or turn sharper , lol but my issue has always been slight traction issues in snow or ice with a 2wd car where if I just had AWD would get out in no problem.

I am a big fan of going with a summer+winter combo rather than having anything to do with all season tires...but the car came with all seasons so what can you do. I will replace them with summers when the time comes.

All seasons are great at giving you 7/10 traction all year round, but I'd rather go with 10/10 traction all year round.

You'd be surprised how many people still get all seasons as their summer tires when they have a dedicated winter tire. I get it if you pull it close with the tire change, the all season might help you in that week or two of in between weather... But if you change early in the fall and late in the spring, you 100% should be looking at a dedicate summer only tire.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Especially with AWD.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks awd will help them stop or turn sharper , lol but my issue has always been slight traction issues in snow or ice with a 2wd car where if I just had AWD would get out in no problem.

I am a big fan of going with a summer+winter combo rather than having anything to do with all season tires...but the car came with all seasons so what can you do. I will replace them with summers when the time comes.

All seasons are great at giving you 7/10 traction all year round, but I'd rather go with 10/10 traction all year round.

You'd be surprised how many people still get all seasons as their summer tires when they have a dedicated winter tire. I get it if you pull it close with the tire change, the all season might help you in that week or two of in between weather... But if you change early in the fall and late in the spring, you 100% should be looking at a dedicate summer only tire.
Yeah, I am of the exact same opinion. It's just lately they are giving all-seasons with cars now, and by the time my lease is up, many times I am not changing the tires!

Love the grip of summers, but they wear out pretty quick. Back in 2014, I had one of the last C63, a 507 Special Edition, and that car because of the ridiculous amount of camber dialed in, would shred rear tires every 6000kms...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, I am of the exact same opinion. It's just lately they are giving all-seasons with cars now, and by the time my lease is up, many times I am not changing the tires!

Love the grip of summers, but they wear out pretty quick. Back in 2014, I had one of the last C63, a 507 Special Edition, and that car because of the ridiculous amount of camber dialed in, would shred rear tires every 6000kms...
That's nuts.... Don't even get a full season out of that.

Unless you're driving on a track, I don't get why anybody would want that much camber

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Yup. Same here.

My tires last 2 summers. I drive 5,000-7,500km a year. So about 60% of that driving is on the summers.

So about 6,000km as well.

But the difference in tire spin under heavy acceleration or launch was night and day...

So you can only imagine the difference in stopping distance...though I haven't tested that out really, thankfully...

But it generally feel alike I'm on rails. Glued to the road no matter how aggressive I drive.

Edit: as I calculate more accurately, I think I get almost 3 summers, but that's only about 9,000 km max.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That's nuts.... Don't even get a full season out of that.

Unless you're driving on a track, I don't get why anybody would want that much camber
Many actually removed the camber, as I would go through two sets per Summer and a front set as well. 255/35/19s or something, so 700 or 800 a pair back then. Three sets essentially.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Many actually removed the camber, as I would go through two sets per Summer and a front set as well. 255/35/19s or something, so 700 or 800 a pair back then. Three sets essentially.
I mean, if you can't afford to replace the tires then you can't afford the car I guess, but having my car off the road to get the summer tires changed three times a year would drive me up the wall...

What we do for our toys I guess...

Reactions: coladin

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
What were the tires?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Happy Friday loungers!

I finally plunked down for a quality (at least in my tax bracket lol) basketball net this year and it pushed me into also buying one of those synthetic ice rinks for the backyard from Hockeyshot that click together and you can skate on.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

I watched all the videos I could handle. I'm curious to find out how the skates handle on them. Impressions seem to be positive in general, with a bit more resistance, but it all seems sort of hard to believe.

My son is autistic (like his Daddy :)) and he pretty much refused to engage in skating with cold weather outside or cold rinks inside, so I thought this could be a non threatening way to introduce him to it. If the resistance is too much, it may be all for not lol.

• Wow
Reactions: bicboi64

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

In most places in Canada, there is no such thing as All Season tires.

If you want year round safety, maneuverability, braking and traction … you need to switch to Winter tires when the temperatures drop below 7C.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
EV is not the gem that all manufacturers were professing. The resale of cars like Tesla is horrific. The F150 Lightning is also horrific. I have a number of contractors who have the Lightning and the dealer won't even take them on a trade back. Sounds about right what Ford is dealing with. You walk into a Porsche dealer looking for one of the new sports cars and they will force you to buy their Taycan which is the EV. It really has lost its shine.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
EV is not the gem that all manufacturers were professing. The resale of cars like Tesla is horrific. The F150 Lightning is also horrific. I have a number of contractors who have the Lightning and the dealer won't even take them on a trade back. Sounds about right what Ford is dealing with. You walk into a Porsche dealer looking for one of the new sports cars and they will force you to buy their Taycan which is the EV. It really has lost its shine.
At least the Taycan looks pretty damn cool. Especially the shooting brake version. We need more wagons in NA

Honestly my dream daily driver would be the E63 Wagon diesel. Something about them

Reactions: StoicSensFan

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I wonder why gas hybrids like the Chevy Volt didn’t really take off more. Put that technology in a cooler car. Especially in Canada. It would seem a natural transition until the charging networks are up and the anxiety over winter is passed for all the late adopters and resisters to change. If its just an errand car in the city you could go months without putting in more gas. And then each time the carbon tax goes up the rebate/benefit cheques give most even more money. As the carbon tax goes up, more business investment is unlocked too. Going to need it to compete with China who is looking to be way ahead here. Our dithering making it more likely that our first electric car will be Chinese.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad