OT: Sens Lounge LXXI: Ehem... Hockey Lounge (?) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also GotY for me is 'The Last of Us' for sure. I've always liked Naughty Dog, but they took it to a whole new level with this game. As mentioned above you really care about the characters, and the visual style as well as the 'realistic' rendition of the characters (combined with the superb multiplayer) make it one of the best games I've ever played.

I also really liked Beyond Two Souls, but that's more of an interactive movie starring Ellen Page than a 'game' and isn't really the mainstream type.

...makes me wish I played video games more again.

Missed it in the previous thread, but congratulations Cujo!

Thanks man. :)

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Does anyone know where you can rent Xbox one or PS4 games? I know there's a few mail order places, would be willing to try that.

Don't want to spend 60$ on games like deadrising as I think it will be beat fairly quickly, but I'd still like to play it..

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone know where you can rent Xbox one or PS4 games? I know there's a few mail order places, would be willing to try that.

Don't want to spend 60$ on games like deadrising as I think it will be beat fairly quickly, but I'd still like to play it..

Usually Microplay and Rogers are pretty good for that. Not sure if you've checked those out already or not. There are still a few left in the city (Microplay).

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Usually Microplay and Rogers are pretty good for that. Not sure if you've checked those out already or not. There are still a few left in the city (Microplay).

Rogers no longer rents games because people just stole them.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Cujomi's right in terms of bricks and mortar places: Microplay is probably your best bet. There's one on Bank downtown and one on Bank near South Keys. You can also try the Ottawa Public Library, although I don't think they rent out really recent games.

Online, Gamefly is probably your best bet.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Yeah I think there might still be a Microplay on merivale with the Jumbo video, might check that out..

Cujomi's right in terms of bricks and mortar places: Microplay is probably your best bet. There's one on Bank downtown and one on Bank near South Keys. You can also try the Ottawa Public Library, although I don't think they rent out really recent games.

Online, Gamefly is probably your best bet.

I've heard of gamefly, it's pretty interesting. Ever tried it? or has anyone here?

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Gamefly or Red Box screwed my buddy over a game one time and he swore off their service. He rented Max Payne and instead of sending the full game, they sent him disc one and not disc two. They were going to charge him to rent disc two so he could complete the game.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I just made falafel and they are pretty damn delicious. Only problem is the falafel kept sticking to the scoop so I had to like fight with it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Isn't there a way with the Xbone to 'share' games with friends remotely? There was supposed to be a mechanism to do this but I'm thinking they scrapped it after all the backlash for different stuff. Like if I had Ryse, I could lend the digital rights to Smash for a week, my copy wouldn't work until that week was over. It was supposed to off set the ****tiness of the issues with DRM.

The Twitch and ps4 fiasco is pretty funny right now. I feel bad for Twitch mods right now. I dunno how Sony didn't forsee this **** storm.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
that option isn't available anymore.

It could have been a good feature if you had a group of friends to share games with and rotate through each other's catalogues.

One the topic of Xbox, I was watching someone play Nba2k and he got T'd up for swearing. Kinda made me uncomfortable knowing how much that thing sees and hears.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
It could have been a good feature if you had a group of friends to share games with and rotate through each other's catalogues.

One the topic of Xbox, I was watching someone play Nba2k and he got T'd up for swearing. Kinda made me uncomfortable knowing how much that thing sees and hears.

What does that mean?

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Gpo.

Get pooped on.

Also just got 5500 points. Spawned in and died within ten seconds and then the game ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad