Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Lightning Oct. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Re-uniting GSN is probably the worst I would say.

How about benching Neil for Condra? No need for a fighter for a skilled team like TB. Bottom 6 like this:

Smith - Leg - Stone
Hoff - Lazar - Condra

Tend to agree Condra would be a positive add.

While Condra has shown little ability to score, he works the wall really well, is very smart defensively and reads the opponents breakout patterns really well.

He would be a big help to both Hoffman and Lazar.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Tend to agree Condra would be a positive add.

While Condra has shown little ability to score, he works the wall really well, is very smart defensively and reads the opponents breakout patterns really well.

He would be a big help to both Hoffman and Lazar.

Sadly Neil would never get scratched. I would rotate them.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I'm one of the biggest Neil haters on here

He was fine last night

I think if you went back and watched the video of Neil's play, specially in the D-zone, I doubt you would still say he was fine.

Neil can provide a spark at times, but last night he was mostly along for the ride having only one hit in 12:40 of ice time.

Overall Condra is the better player of the two and would provide more support for Lazar and Hoffman IMO.

PS I doubt Mac would sit Neil as a healthy scratch, so I am in agreement with Newerabegins.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lehner gets more criticism then Andy anyways despite consistently having the higher save percentage.

drops mic.....

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Ya, I didn't mean that, I was just referring to the old: if you have the hot hand, you keep playing, but since they lost, it didn't matter.
Ah, gotcha. Then, yeah, good point. Although I wouldn't have been surprised if they were planning to go with Lehner even before yesterday's game.
Lehner gets more criticism then Andy anyways despite consistently having the higher save percentage.

drops mic.....
In seasons where both played more than ten games:
2013-14:
Andy: .911
Lehner: .913

2012-13:
Andy: .941
Lehner: .936

And that's it. Even if we factor in Lehner's two partial seasons, they still each have two seasons with better SV% than the other.

Consistently? Not so much.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Ah, gotcha. Then, yeah, good point. Although I wouldn't have been surprised if they were planning to go with Lehner even before yesterday's game.

2013-14:

2012-13:

And that's it. Even if we factor in Lehner's two partial seasons, they still each have two seasons with better SV% than the other.

You're not supposed to bring in facts when talking about Lehner. Repetition makes it true, the facts don't.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think if you went back and watched the video of Neil's play, specially in the D-zone, I doubt you would still say he was fine.

Neil can provide a spark at times, but last night he was mostly along for the ride having only one hit in 12:40 of ice time.

Overall Condra is the better player of the two and would provide more support for Lazar and Hoffman IMO.

PS I doubt Mac would sit Neil as a healthy scratch, so I am in agreement with Newerabegins.

I definitely agree that I'd rather have Condra than Neil in the lineup 99.99% of the time

But I also think Neil was mostly fine last night

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
If Radko Gudas catches Lazar with his head down and obliterates him, I'm pretty sure I want Neil there to cave his face in.

Yeah just like he did to Matt Cooke eh? That isn't allowed anymore and that's just the way the game is. You hit someone you get a 10 game suspension. I don't think Super Condra would be a bad idea.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

2013-14:

2012-13:

Here's your mic back Mika. You just got served!

Karlsson2Turris*

Mika man you've got to stop with your fanboy posts for Lehner and Zibanejad lol.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Keys to the game
  • Sport better than the other team can sport
  • Score goals to offset the other team which will also itself score many goals
  • Give one hundred and ten percent
  • Miss all the shots we do not take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: