Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Jets Aprl 1. Everybody Loves Cats Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If Condon plays well and wins, does the controversy between the pipes start to boil again?

Also, I'm not sure how the concept of net-front traffic on the powerplay consistently eludes our team. I find the Sens seldom have anyone parked on the top of the crease, willing to take a couple carves in the back of hacks to the calf to provide a screen or cause a disturbance. If Burrows is back, I'd like to see him parked there on the powerplay.

Feeling a tight game; something like 4-3 in overtime (let's go with the good guys).

No.

All it means is that Condon is playing good while Anderson is sucking.

Is their a goalie controversy with the Rangers? Lundvist has sucked this year while Raanta has played good. .

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
No.

All it means is that Condon is playing good while Anderson is sucking.

Is their a goalie controversy with the Rangers? Lundvist has sucked this year while Raanta has played good. .

I agree with you, but it doesn't mean there won't be a controversy. You and I don't make up the entire fan base. I'm a huge Andy fan, but if Condon comes in, plays well and wins, especially given that the team has suddenly become desperate for points in the standings....we've seen it play out before. The controversy could manifest from within, too.

I don't think your Lundqvist comparison is a level one. For one, I love Anderson, but he isn't Lundqvist. Secondly, the controversy (or possibility of one) doesn't stem from Andy not playing well alone; as I said, in the span of a week or so, the Sens have gone from pushing for (and temporarily holding) the division-lead, to now being in the headlights of Toronto, Boston and with another couple losses, Tampa Bay. NYR has been comfortably in a playoff position for quite some time, regardless of Lundqvist's uncharacteristically sub-par season.

Anderson is the #1 here as Lundqvist is in New York, but if the Rangers were slipping closer to the #2 wildcard position and Raanta stabilized things under that scenario, don't think for a second Raanta wouldn't garner support from a good chunk of that fan base either. It's less of a controversy over who the organization's "#1" is and more of a controversy over "who should take the reigns" given who is playing more consistently when points are like bars of gold.

But I agree with you that Anderson is our #1. No dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad