Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Winnipeg, Wednesday 8:00 pm on TSN

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Phaneuf loves to ring it around the boards and start the other teams breakouts on his clapppers.

Guy just has no brains out there sometimes.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Seriously. 20 seconds left, plenty of better options to pass instead of shooting it willy-nilly.

What a bad game all around aside from Condon.

I know he made a lot of saves, but honestly, I don't think Condon had his best game today. Sure the loss wasn't his fault, but I don't think he looked super comfortable in net today. I've seen him move in the net and track the puck much better than he did tonight.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm really concerned about this team. As preseason has gone on, they've looked worse and worse. Probably due to playing better prepared teams while the guys look disinterested and lackadaisical.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We gave them to many PPs tonite and our PK wasn't very good

Thank God it preseason, but we need to be better than this

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm really concerned about this team. As preseason has gone on, they've looked worse and worse. Probably due to playing better prepared teams while the guys look disinterested and lackadaisical.

Or we were very prepared early on, and are now just waiting for season to start. It's probably to keep the level of intensity up for the whole of pre-season. We started hard and are now petering off.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Lets be honest, there were a ton of games last year where the only strategy the team was executing was the "hang on until Karlsson does something magical to save us". Of course that strategy looks worse when Karlsson isn't in the lineup.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We gave them to many PPs tonite and our PK wasn't very good

Thank God it preseason, but we need to be better than this

There isn't much that we're doing right right now. Some bright spots here and there but too many players look like they're coasting towards the regular season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
the only guys who mattered today were the youngg guys since they are battling for a spot . They all looked average outside of formentons nice goal

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Strange game. Hard to gauge with all the penalties. Stone would be my 1st star for the Sens but I wasn't impressed by Thompson's game or Burrows. Would have liked to see some other line combos by Boucher too.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Or we were very prepared early on, and are now just waiting for season to start. It's probably to keep the level of intensity up for the whole of pre-season. We started hard and are now petering off.

That's.....not how they should be approaching preseason.

Do your job Boucher. We need to come out strong to offset EK's absence. Coasting through training camp won't do us any favors.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
That's.....not how they should be approaching preseason.

Do your job Boucher. We need to come out strong to offset EK's absence. Coasting through training camp won't do us any favors.
Its preseason half these guys are trying to get through without injuries

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Colorado was undefeated in preseason games last year. These games are meaningless.

Couldn't care less about the result. Only thing to take away from these games is the play of the guys who are actually competing for spots. For veterans, these games are just a warm-up, and it often shows on the ice.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Colorado was undefeated in preseason games last year. These games are meaningless.

Couldn't care less about the result. Only thing to take away from these games is the play of the guys who are actually competing for spots. For veterans, these games are just a warm-up, and it often shows on the ice.
yup exactly

an ahl leafs team just looked good against mtl for this very reason

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Sounds like an excuse. I don't care about the win/loss record, but we've looked terrible the last few games against mediocre teams. What does training camp even mean if they aren't trying out there? It's not like our special teams are any good either. Is this not when they should be working on these things?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I wouldn't say the games are meaningless but I'm not too concerned. If they shit the bed in the early regular season games - I will start to be much more concerned.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
They're waiting to hitch their wagon to Karlsson again..

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sounds like an excuse.
I've said the same thing after literally every preseason game for the past decade, win or lose. Preseason is about experimenting with new things, testing the kids, and shaking the rust off. That's it.

I'm neither happy nor frustrated with the game tonight. It is what it is. If our kids looked good and nobody got hurt, that's the most you can ask out of these games.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I've said the same thing after literally every preseason game for the past decade, win or lose. Preseason is about experimenting with new things, testing the kids, and shaking the rust off. That's it.

I'm neither happy nor frustrated with the game tonight. It is what it is. If our kids looked good and nobody got hurt, that's the most you can ask out of these games.

How do you feel about our god-awful PP zone entries that doesn't look like it has gotten any better?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How do you feel about our god-awful PP zone entries that doesn't look like it has gotten any better?

I don't think evaluating most of the team systems in a game where the veteran players clearly don't care about the result is an accurate portrayal of anything. It's bad data. Period.

I don't think you guys understand here - I'm not defending the team for tonight's performance, nor am I chastising them for it. Rather, I am thoroughly nihilistic about preseason games. They mean nothing to me, regardless of whether we win 10-0, or lose 12-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad