Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Buffalo (Snowstorm Edition), Tuesday night 7:00 pm on TSN

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our "fast" guys aren't particularly fast.
Duchene, Dzingel and Hoffman are all pretty fast. The issue is we aren't using our speed. Duchene will use a burst of speed to beat the d on the outside, Dzingel will occasionally split the D, but that's it. Karlsson used to be among the fastest skaters in the league, but isn't near his norm anymore.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Duchene, Dzingel and Hoffman are all pretty fast. The issue is we aren't using our speed. Duchene will use a burst of speed to beat the d on the outside, Dzingel will occasionally split the D, but that's it. Karlsson used to be among the fastest skaters in the league, but isn't near his norm anymore.

That's kind of what I was getting at.

Do we look fast? No.

We look ponderous and passive for the most part.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Boucher is afraid to push, because he wants it to be him and the players against the world, and not the players against him. I get that indication from his farfetched post game pressers and just the general tone of the things he says.

I'm not in the room, but I could be wrong. But it sure looks to me like the players have quit on Boucher. At this point, what's the path of least resistance? Replacing Boucher, or replacing the players?

I think this has a lot to do with it... they are a team together.. they have their roles... he has a relationship with the players individually and collectively ..IMO they are fragile.. they lack hard grit never say die leadership .. possibly for a variety of reasons, and Boucher understands that.. I think he believes they can come out of it and that the alternative approach could push them further inward and that won't help right now.

I really wish Methot was here... He had a big voice inside and outside the room.

Its almost cliche ... you can't replace all the players but you can replace the coach.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's kind of what I was getting at.

Do we look fast? No.

We look ponderous and passive for the most part.

Honestly, Hoffman lately seems his fastest when he's tearing out of the zone for a stretch pass leaving the defender with no support to break out.

Our play through the NZ is too east west. Instead of passing to someone moving with speed, we twist and turn ourselves into a turnover.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just saw the pouliot goal. Like A. What's phaneuf doing. Then what pass does ceci think he's playing? It's not a 2-1. And there's no pass acailablr. Then what is condon doing lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad